A true Fife of Fife !
Designed by William Fife III and built in the designers’ shipyard in Scotland in 1930, Finola starts immediately racing against the 8-Metre Class fleet in Hamble with the sail number K3. During the World War II the fleet dispersed and Finola found shelter in France at Trinitè Sur Mer. After the conflict, she’s purchased by a British owner and resumes racing on the Clyde, Scotland. In the sixties the boat is acquired by a Portuguese owner and continues racing on the Atlantic coast with the sail number P107. In 2006, in conditions of neglect, Finola is transferred from Lisbon to Italy where she undergoes a long and important restoration. The big refit is followed directly by the new Italian owner in close collaboration with the shipyard with the primary purpose to restore the yacht to its original design. In the spring of 2012 Finola touches the water of the Gulf of Trieste but she starts racing only in 2016 and finishes immediately second at the first edition of the Aive Trophy Adriatic.
Engine Nanni Diesel 21 HP-new.