Charles David Yachts is pleased to represent this stunning PRIDE IN OWNERSHIP, BOATHOUSE kept classic yacht, "Chelsea II".....
Designed by marine architects Robert Allen of Vancouver, build in Westminster BC by the Star (Mercer) Shipyard for the Anglican West Coast ministry to minister to congregations in remote regions. A stout vessel built for the regional waters, owned presently by the 5th owner, as of 1984, and has restored and upgraded Chelsea II making her a beautiful sight dockside or at sea. The interior is spacious with two private staterooms,large galley, sitting/ dining area and pilot house. The transom offers a protected balcony with settee, as well as the upper deck sitting area with built-in BBQ and additional fridge and freezer. She is equipped with all the necessities to commercially charter small groups on the West coast waters or to privately enjoy what the Pacific has to offer!
Note: Vessel can be sold as shares by a BC Corp offering great tax saving benefits.
Call our office for a tour today!
CALL, EMAIL or TEXT Charlie at 250-755-5887 or firstname.lastname@example.org
• Starting at the bow of the vessel, a spacious well appointed double forward cabin with en-suite sink and electric head (plumbed to overboard) with shelving, settee and hanging locker. Four opening port lights and a opening skylight provide ventilation.
• Aft of the forward cabin is the pilothouse with a single and double benches. It provides bright, full view of what's around you (3 of the windows are roll down for rsh air!) and doorways on port and starboard side.
• Behind the pilot house benches are settees that can be used for a reading area. The settees convert to a third double and single berth if needed. Underneath the settees are drawers for storage of bedding or other supplies. The sound proofed engine room is located under the wheelhouse.
• Further aft are a few steps down into the gourmet galley with lots of space, storage, refrigeration and freezer space. Opposite on starboard is a dining and sitting settee, seating 6, more storage and access to the engine room. The space is heated with a Sigmar diesel heater with a fresh air supply for complete combustion.
• Astern of the galley is the aft double stateroom, nicely appointed with beautiful woodwork and art. There is an en-suite bathroom with bath/shower, electric head (Currently plumbed to overboard/ can be hooked up to black-water tank) and doorway out to the aft deck.
• The transom is enclosed with a weather protection canvas curtains, to offer this tranquil sun deck in all weather. The transom has a swim grid with solar shower.
• From the aft deck port-side steps lead a few steps up to cal deck with a lovely enclosed dining area with custom table and settees.. There is additional refrigeration and freezer space and a built-in BBQ station for entertaining. The vessel offers a wide walkway around the bridge-house, there are additional kayak storage on the racks above the sundeck for two double kayaks over the wheelhouse.
The vessel is meticulously maintained by its 5th owner who has had the vessel since 1985. The vessel was completely restored to its full glory, the engine room extra sound proofed to offer a quiet trip into forgotten fjords and waterways.
• The galley is very spacious and offers lots of light in the work spaces. The abundance of fridge and freezer space make this galley ideal for cruising or chartering chefs. The dining room table and settee across the hallway offers close by dining quarters. It is also a few steps away from the sundeck and barbeque station.
• Stainless steel 4 burner gas range c/w oven and broiler
• Two speed exhaust fan with outside discharge • Double deep stainless steel sinks,
• Custom front opening Nova Cool fridge 12 V
• Custom top opening Nova Cool freezer 12 V 8 cu ft
• Pressurized hot/ cold potable water
• Large Bronze Opening Port Holes for Fresh Air.
• All cabinet have bamboo woven front for good air circulation
• On sundeck 12 Volt Nova Cool 8 cu ft fridge and custom 120 Volt 8 cu ft Cold plate freezer.
• Plenty of dry storage
• Raingear stowage, PDF stowage, Propane tank lockers
• Vessel is equipped with underwater rigid passive stabilizers, along the mid-ships hull a steel stabilizer plate and support is mounted on each side to lessen the roll in turbulent seas.
• The vessel has also a band of additional 1" IRONWOOD ICE CLADDING around the hull at the waterline to protect against abrasions by ice and debris.
• Hydraulic windlass with mechanical brake system, 110 ft stainless steel 3/8" BBB chain and 330 Ft 7/16 galvanized wire rode, engine power take off driven for flawless duty.
• CQR (1), Danforth (1), Northhill Type (1)
• Wash-down pumps for anchor and deck
• Night illumination with controls at winch (port side) Strong hydraulic system mounted on bow with long rode, hydraulic controls operate the system from bow, providing proper ground tackle to hold vessel in place.
• Magnetic Compass (1) Dirigo (1) Sestrel
• VHF Radio (3) Standard Horizon, Uniden Atlantis, IC-M601
• Furuno 1760 Open Array Radar
• Furuno GPS/WAAS Navigator GP 32
• Auto Pilot (1) Comnav 1001 Hydraulic System
• Furuno FMV 605 Depthsounder, Speed and Temperature Display
��� Swoffer Knot Meter
• Barometer (1) Hemburg (1) Royal Mariner
• Ships Clock (1) Hemburg
• Wagner Rudder Angle Indicator
• Search Light (2) Large Brass Wheelhouse Mounted, Handheld 500,000 Candle Power
• Ships Bell (1) Brass
• Hailer (1) Transistor Megaphone ER-1215S
• Global Star QualComm Satelite Phone
• Boss Marine Stereo System with Cockpit Speakers
• XPC Shuttle Computer System c/w Fugawi Navigation System
The helm and navigation area are well appointed and offer the right equipment for this vessel, all functioning properly and providing the data needed. The electronics have been kept current and up to date. The brass accents matches the woodwork and the classic design of the wheelhouse, keeping the charm and appeal of this timeless vessel.
• A Detroit Diesel, it received a full rebuild in 2006. The hour meter was reset and read presently 4260 Hrs. Upgrades were made to the air intake to enhance efficiency and performance. During the rebuild a 4 valve head was installed. The engine is a long range slow turning engine. All the systems are dialed in and fine tuned and engine performs well. Current fuel consumption is about 3.25 US Gallon./ Hr. while cruising at 8 Knots.
• The insulated dry stack exhaust and well insulated engine rooms eliminate the engine noise. Double exhaust mufflers ( 5`stack muffler with a 5`` primary cowl muffler configuration are installed. All wrapped in dry exhaust blankets
• The vessel is quiet while underway and the generator with sound shield provides the comforts of home without the noise, anywhere you wish to be.
• The engine comes with a Allison Gear transmission with a 3.9 to 1 ratio.
• Double fuel filtration and the propeller is a 3 bladed bronze, 42 inch x 44 pitch
• 15 Gallon hot water heater heated with engine, AC or hydronic heat.
• Northern Lights M673L. 6 KW 110/230Volts, Single phase. Installed in engine room with factory sound shield, keeping the noise inside the enclosure.
• All wiring is boat grade cable.
• ProMariner ProSafe isolation transformer
• Battery Selector Switches ( 2) Perko, Blue Sea
• Starting battery bank: Surrette 8 Volt Lead Acid (4)
• House Bank: Trojan T-125, wired to 12 Volt Bank (6) 400 AH
• 30 Amp Shore Power
• Wired for 12/32 Volts DC and 110 Volts AC, Webasto hydronic heat only 24V
• Inverter / Charger (2): Trace Engineering U2232SB, Lewco Marine 3240-ACD-2
• Motorola 12V Alternator (2017)
• Polarity Indicator
• Digital Voltage Meters
• Sigmar 17000 BTU diesel space heater in galley, very low diesel consumption, installed with chimney heat exchanger and fresh outside air supply.
• Webasto 24V hydronic diesel heater provides adequate heat throughout the vessel. It Is equipped with a 5 valve manifold to select distribution, individual fin radiators plumbed to engine cooling heat under way OR Wabasto while at anchor.
• The vessel is equipped with a Spectra Ventura water maker, operating on 12 Volts. The water maker is equipped with a digital readout, that informs the user of the condition of the filters, pressure and production. It also has a automatic flush that will backwash the membrane with clean water every 120 hrs, keeping maintenance of the system to a minimum.
The electrical system on board is well kept and maintained, using proper grade wiring and connectors. The owner created a very organized wiring system with proper protection and labelling, making tracing wires and connections easy.
• Fixed Fire System 20 lbs Fire Boy MA2-450-227 2008
• Temperature Alarms in Engine Room and Galley
• Smoke Alarms (2) Wired and Battery
• Coast Guard Approved Life Jackets
• 2 Liferings 24" with Float Line
• Aluminium Man over board Pole
• 8 Person Inflatable Liferaft Zodiac , Certified till June 2017
• 12 Volt Groco Washdown Pump for Anchor System
• Fire Extinguishers (6)
• Epirb ACR
• Anchor Windlass
As a former chartering vessel, all safety standards of Transport Canada were fulfilled. Offering a safety focussed vessel with all necessities on board (some may need recertification)
Suite #102 -1240 Stewart Ave
(At the Marinaside Resort)
Nanaimo, BC V9S 4C9