The current owner, drawing on many years of experience as a skilled cruiser and offshore racer has meticulously gone through this vessel and her professionally restored, repaired and updated to a safe, capable and comfortable sailing yacht of stunning classic beauty. Her topsides gleam; her varnish work is immaculate topside and below; she has new sails, new electronics, new standing and running rigging, a new engine and tens of thousands of dollars of other upgrades and new equipment as noted elsewhere in the full specifications. This is one of the strongest Bermuda 40's to come on the market in many years.
Tilleggsinformasjon, tilbehør og utstyr:
Kjøl: full kjøl
LOA: 40 ft 0 in
Bom: 11 ft 0 in
Total Power: 45 HP
Propeller: 2-blads propell
Drev type: Direkte drev
Engine Power: 45 HP
Antall toalett: 1
Vind hastighet og retning
Bounding Home is a Hinckley Bermuda 40 Custom that is Yawl-rigged and has the B-40 standard 6-berth offshore layout. In 2012, she had a Hinckley interior and exterior make-over including a Vivid Red Awlgripped hull and Herreshoff-style finished interior. Over the past few year Bounding Home continued to have major improvements including a new Yanmar Diesel, new Rigging, Sails, a Fairclough Winter Cover, Electronics and much more. The full list is included further on in this listing.
HULL and DECK
Hull: Vivid Red Awlgrip (new 2012)
- Deck: White with complementary Beige non-skid
- Boottop: Single white (2012)
- Bottom: Gray
The Hull is hand laid fiberglass. The deck is set in a 6” flange in the hull, then fiberglassed and bolted to form a permanent hull/deck joint.
- The 4,200 lb. external lead keel is fastened with ¾” Everdur bolts.
- Centerboard: Bronze centerboard is operated by a worm gear with safety override.
2012: Complete make-over by Hinckley, Oxford, MD of Hull with Vivid Red Awlgrip and gloss varnished toe and hand rails, eyebrows, hatches, cockpit, dorade boxes, propane locker and lazarette hatch.
- Stainless steel bow and stern pulpits
- Double lifelines w/port & starboard gates
- Two main hatches and companion way boards plus original screens.
- Two 6” Perko chrome cowl vents on dorade boxes and in bow; one 14” extended 6” Perko chrome cowl vent.
- ALL deck hardware re-chromed to bright finish: deck cleats, cowl vents, binnacle, Merriman winches, and deck plates.
- New stainless steel “Hinckley Bermuda 40” logo amidships on eyebrow, starboard & port.
- Sunbrella Dodger
- Cockpit Awning
- Cockpit cushions - 2011 White w/Red Piping
- Teak cockpit grating
- Varnished teak cockpit coamings have inboard winch handle pockets.
- Opening sail locker seats – provide both sail and equipment storage.
- Forward varnished teak companionway entry to interior accommodations
- Hubbell 30-amp shore power inlet
Edson pedestal steering with stainless steel destroyer-type wheel
- Stainless steel binnacle guard
- Compass - Binnacle mounted, with stainless steel cover.
- Mizzen mast Helm Seat
ELECTRONICS AND NAVIGATION EQUIPMENT
- RayMarine digital ST60 Wind - Cockpit
- RayMarine ST60 TriData (Depth, Speed, Trip) - Cockpit
- RayMarine ST60 Multi for hull speed, depth, wind & GPS link (+autopilot ready) – Cockpit
- Icom M-506 VHF – Nav station
- Raymarine hybridtouch with dome on mizzen mast – Nav station and Helm
- Danforth 5” Compass - Cockpit
- Alpine AM/FM Stereo Cassette - with custom mahogany speakers.
Bounding Home has the standard 6-berth B-40 layout that has many recent upgrades as noted below. A Force 10 propane heater provides extra comfort spring and fall.
The Interior, newly painted in 2012, is Herreshoff style with white bulkheads, gloss varnish Mahogany doors, cabins, and trim, (cabin sides too). There is varnished Mahogany hull sheathing in forward and main cabins.
- New Sunbrella Curtains, 2012, track mounted for all windows.
- Teak and Holly sole.
- All hardware (doorknobs, pulls, hinges, sliders, etc.) have been re-chromed to bright finish
- (6) Interior pillows in Ralph Lauren plaid & plain fabric.
- V berths - with 6” foam blue berth cushions and a filler to create a double.
- Varnished Mahogany shelves over each berth and drop front and drawer storage below.
- Storage - Aft to starboard are two large hanging lockers and to port is a six drawer/drop front bureau.
- AC outlet
- Forepeak/anchor locker with varnished cabinet doors is accessed from the forward cabin.
A door separates the forward cabin from the rest of the interior. The forward cabin is finished in a Herreshoff style with white bulkheads and gloss varnished Mahogany drawers, doors and trim.
Next aft, to starboard is a second hanging locker and opposite is the Head.
The Head is newly renovated in a Herreshoff-style with white bulkheads and varnished gloss Mahogany trim
- New light green Corian counter top with stainless steel sink with hot and cold pressure water, chrome Scandvik fixtures, hand held shower.
- 2012 KH Groco head with Y-valve to holding tank (2013) w/macerator pump.
- 2012 Hinckley custom fiberglass floor pan with teak grate
- Chrome towel bar, varnished Mahogany mirror.
- Laundry hamper
- Varnished Mahogany lockers –one with six individual drawers
- Opening screened port.
Over port and starboard pilot berths are varnished Mahogany shelves for gear storage. There are three drawers under the pilot berths and pull-out transom berths for ample storage. There are four, reversible 6” foam blue berth cushions.
- Force 10 propane cabin heater - mounted in main cabin on starboard bulkhead.
- Dining table - Center gloss varnished dining table.
- Forward, on the port bulkhead is a varnished Mahogany bookshelf. A Liquor locker is built into the starboard forward bulkhead.
- Gray Linen Formica countertops
- Stainless steel sink with single lever faucet, pressure hot & cold water - with hot water from engine
- Gimbaled 3-burner Shipmate stove w/oven
- Adler Barbour 12-volt DC cold-plate (2000) - mounted in stainless steel icebox.
- AC outlets on port and starboard.
- A Microwave behind the icebox has replaced a custom Mahogany dish & flatware storage unit. (Note: both are available.)
- Lift out pot/pan storage.
- Varnished Mahogany glass rack and three shelf cubby are mounted on port aft bulkhead.
- (2) AC outlets – port and starboard
Starboard, chart stowage is over the icebox, which can double as a NAV STATION.
SAILS AND RIGGING
- Harken roller furling headstay system.
- 2018 New Boom
- 2017 New Standing and Running Rigging
- 2017 New Lifelines
- Stainless steel coaming mounted genoa tracks
- New 2 speed primary,secondary, Main Sheet and Main Halyard Winches 2017
- New North main, Mizzen and Genoa 2018
- Mizzen Trysail
12-Volt DC and 110-Volt AC electrical systems:
12-Volt DC System
- Separate 12 volt engine and house battery banks with own switch.
- Custom 12-Volt Hinckley electrical panel with individual breakers.
- Amp meter/volt meter for house and starting batteries.
- Two Motorola alternators – 105-amp for house, 55-amp for starting batteries.
110-Volt AC electrical system:
- Hubbell chrome 30-amp AC shore power inlet + 50 ft. shore power cord
- 110-Volt AC panel with individual breakers
- Charles 9000 Series Charger
- (3) AC interior outlets – fwd cabin, galley port locker and stbd next to radar
* 2018 YANMAR DIESEL with new Shaft and Exhaust
- Racor fuel filter
- 2-blade fixed propeller
- Bilge Pumps: 2 Automatic with alarm,Wilcox-Crittenden manual bilge pump in cockpit locker, Whale Gusher manual bilge pump in cockpit locker.
- Allcraft stainless steel 10-gallon hot water heater
- Force 10 propane cabin Heater
- Adler Barbour 9 cu/ft cold-plate 12-volt refrigeration (2000)
- 30-gallon stainless steel holding tank (2013)
- Original refurbished 1967 Hinckley varnished Mahogany boarding ladder
- (2) Horseshoe Life rings new 2012, Yellow with SS mounting brackets
- (6) offshore adult life jacket
- Radar Reflector
- Stainless Steel Charcoal Grill - mounted on stern rail
- Running lights on bow pulpit
- Varnished Ash Rigging Rollers
- Elkhide spreader boots and wheel cover
- Bosun’s chair
- Custom Mahogany dish & flatware storage unit (see galley)
- (5) Fenders - 8” with black fleece covers
- Ideal Electric Windless with 15’ x 3/8” chain + 200’ x 5/8 nylon rode
- CQR 35# plough anchor in stainless steel bow roller
- Danforth 22# Anchor - mounted in chocks on cabin top
- Yachtsman 35# Anchor - mounted on deck
- Spare 150’ nylon anchor rode w/ thimble
New in 2017
- Stainless rudder post and new rudder
- Standing Rigging
- Running Rigging
- Automatic Bilge Pumps No1 and No2 with High Water Alarm
- (2) Speed Primary and Secondary Winches
- Mainsheet Winch
- Main Halyard Winch
New in 2018
- Yanmar 45 HP repower with a new stainless drive shaft and exhaust
- Raymarine electronics package at helm and below
- VHF radio
- North Genoa, Main and Mizzen
- Mack APS
- Man Overboard Equipment (sling, auto inflate buoy module)
- Inflatable Dinghy with Nisson 5 hp outboard (used)
- Sail Covers
- Fairclough Winter Storage With Frame
- Sunbrella Dodger on New Stainless Frame with Elk Hide Covered Grab Rail
- Elk Hide Covered Wheel
- Stainless Dorade Vent Rails
- Lewmar Traveler
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
*This price is based on today's currency conversion rate.