Owner's career forced relocation. Boat must go!
This Herreshoff 50 is a classic clipper style ketch with a large center cockpit, robust construction and fully equipped for live-aboard or offshore cruising. She has been lovingly taken care of and is in exceptional condition. This boat is a rare find. There were only twelve of these vessels made.
This boat is located in our Anacortes Dry Storage Sales yard.
Please contact LesleyAnne Moore for further information or to schedule a showing.
360-982-8164 Call or text
Large Comfortable Owner’s Cabin: aft, entrance from center cockpit or engine room/
port and starboard, which can be made up athwart-ships forming large double berth.
Number of storage areas, counter and storage shelves for charts and maps, etc. behind
center cockpit bulkhead (adjacent to Navigation Station). Enclosed head is port with SS
sink and a shower, both with hot and cold water system. Sump pump for shower pan.
Manual marine head. Cabinet and 2 storage areas in Head. A very comfortable and
Main Salon: Aft of Guest Cabin with privacy door. Convertible U-shaped dinette table
makes into a comfortable berth portside and a cushioned seating area (with swing up
back) can become a berth starboard. Numerous teak cabinets and drawers for storage.
small TV with video capability, sound system and speakers. Two electric fans. Beautiful
teak wood and two SS nautical oil lamps create a lovely atmosphere in the salon.
Galley: Separated from salon by bulkhead with no door. Built-in sliding opening above
sinks for passage of food and drinks. Large stainless steel (SS) top-loading freezer and
front loading SS refrigerator – both with cold plate refrigeration. Large counter space for
the cook. Gimbaled three burner propane range and oven. Two SS sinks with pressurized
hot and cold water and manual fresh and raw water. Numerous teak cabinets for storage,
teak built-in cabinet for plates, bowl and cups, plus 2 wine cabinets. All make up a very
functional and fun galley.
Head is starboard to galley: Manual marine toilet; sink with hot and cold water plus
shower with same pressurized system. Electric sump pump for shower.
Center aft is ladder’s 5 steps to large self-bailing Center-cockpit with comfortable seating
for 10, port and starboard. Helmsman seat against the aft bulkhead behind wheel and
Companion way starboard aft of head leads from galley to engine room/shop. Between
room entrance and head is hanging closet and cabinet above 2 drawers and cabinet under
Engine Room/shop has easy access to all machinery, plus cabinets and workbench with
mounted vise. Also a Prowatt 1000 Inverter and 1300 watt 120VAC and 12VDC
generator, 20 amp per/hr battery charger. Force 11 gal. water heater. Two large
commercial starter batteries and 2 large commercial house batteries.
Guest Cabin is located forward and aft of chain locker. Two over and under berths
starboard and a fold up berth port over sink with hot and cold pressurized water (entire
hot and cold water system is pressurized). And set up for 3rd marine head (removed)
Storage drawers and cabinets (alternative private entrance from deck.)
Equipment in both Navigation Station aft and in center cockpit helm.
Center cockpit/Helm: Simrad CE33 (map and chart sounder); Garmin GPS map and
chart sounder; Standard Horizon Depth Sounder; Datamarine Knotmeter; Datamarine
Windpoint and Speedmeter; Sestral 5-inch Cardmagnet compass; Cetec- Benmar
Navigation Station: Simrad IS15 (records Simrad CE33); Garmin CPC, Map76C (Handheld
Garmin map and chart sounder); SR Marine knotmeter; ICOMVHFFM marine
transceiver; ICOMVHFICM88; Furuno Radar (can swing out to be seen at helm) Chelsea
Barometer; Seth-Thomas Chronometer; Kongo-Hatta Sextant.
Engine Room/Shop: Cetec-Benmar autopilot and related compass (Walker Taffrail logstored)
• Perkins 6 cylinder 138 HP diesel engine
• Manual twin disk transmission
• SS shaft drives new bronze three-bladed propeller
• Fuel: 2 black iron tanks with 225 gal. capacity
• Shut-offs provided at tanks
• Fuel taken from top on side deck
• Vented overboard
• Fresh water: 2 SS tanks below cabin sole with 225 gal. capacity
• Nilssan vertical windless on the foredeck
• 2 Barlow 32 sheet winches; 1 Barlow 24 winch, 1 Barlow 16 winch
• Barlow No. 2 cable drum winch on mizzen mast
• Baron 7 winch on mizzen mast
• Barlow 15, Barlow 26, and Baron 7 winches on main mast.
• Barlow 5 cable drum winch on main mast
• Downhaul winch in center cockpit for centerboard
• Swim ladder, boat hook
• Cockpit dodger and totally enclosed cockpit awning
• 8 ft. fiberglass dingy mounted on SS davits at transom
Aluminum extrusion mast and booms are supported by one by 19 stainless wire
rope to SS turnbuckles with bronze studs and SS toggles and chain plates.
Standing rigging and running rigging in great condition.
Sails: Large self-furling jib, Main, Mizzen.
Separate bagged: 150 Genoa; 90 Jib; Storm Jib; Mizzen stays’l;
extra Main, spinnaker; Sea Anchor.
• SS bow and stern pulpits with double SS lifelines port and starboard
• SS stanchions
• Outside grab rails and suitable interior hand holds
• Running lights; masthead and spreader lights; floodlights
• Distress signals: horn, bell, VHFIC transceiver
• 8 Life preservers and man overboard equipment
• Fiberglass box enclosed 4 man life raft and survival equipment
• 4 chemical fire extinguishers – various locations
• Commercial fire prevention system in engine room/shop
• Shut-off valves in galley and a propane tank
• All through-hull fittings equipped with bronze seacocks
Hull: One piece hand laid fiberglass in female mold; glassed in tubular longitudinal
stringers in bilge and integral joiner work for stability.
Deck: 5/8 inch teak over fiberglass
Cabins: Fiberglass and solid teak Liner: Teak and holly sole
Bulkheads: Teak and teak ply. Keel: Integral lead and centerboard.
Interior: Above water line is polyurethane foam insulated – covered with painted solid
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
700 28th St.
Anacortes, WA 98221