HULL & DECK:
- Epifanes dark green topsides, green bottom.
- 1 1/4" Carvel mahogany planking over steam-bent oak frames; Everdur bronze-screwfastened.
- Oak backbone, stern post, horn timber, stem and steam bent frames on 10"centers.
- Laid and caulked painted mahogany main deck; fiberglass covered trunk and deckhouseroofs.
- Painted mahogany trunk and superstructure andtransom.
- Laid and caulked painted cockpitsole.
- Painted buff deck with white superstructure, andtransom.
- Bronze screw fasteners replaced below waterline in 2001 by RockportMarine.
- Oak spray guards and rubrails with S/S halfoval.
- Double lifelines; S/S bowrail.
- S/S stanchions with doublelifelines.
- 6 bronze openingports.
- Firdell radar reflector onmast.
- 3 windshieldwipers.
- 2 forward side windows open in pilothouse, port andstarboard.
- Opening windshield to starboard athelm.
- 2 overhead hatches in pilothouse with screens (one newhatch).
- Aft cockpit doors with hinges to openfully.
- New S/S dinghy davits -removable.
- Painted white Sitka spruce mast and new boom (with block and tackle to raiseoutboard).
- Teak swim platform with bronze Perko steps.
- Edson aluminum cast spoked wheel.
- 2015 rebuilt steering ram.
- New varnished pine tongue and groove overhead ceiling in pilothouse.
- 2013 hull was wooded and painted with Interlux Brightside; every other year, house sides painted.
- Deck seams recaulked every other year.
- 2013 new aft garboard plank and plank ends repaired.
- Bottom planking very tight - swells in 2 hours.
- Bronze fastenings checked - no new fastenings needed.
- New cockpit platform aft of wheelhouse.
Fuel: 175 gallons in S/S tank.
Water: 175 gallson in S/S tank.
Head System: Lecra-San treatment system with y-valve to go directly overboard.
ENGINE & MECHANICAL:
- Single 2002 Yanmar 6LYA-STP turbo-charged diesel, 370 hp, 6 cylinder, FWC, with only 570 hours.
- New Age PRM transmission, Coventry, England.
- Morse engine controls.
- Hy Torq 4 bladed 28x26 RH prop, protected by skeg.
- Racor 1000 dual fuel filters with selector valve.
- Groco raw water strainer.
- 2" bronze shaft.
- 1 1/2" S/S rudder.
- PSS dripless shaft log.
- Fuel filters.
- Morse controls.
- Yanmar engine instrument panel.
- Fireboy auto fire extinguisher in engine room.
- Teleflex Capilano hydraulic steering.
- 2015 rebuilt steering ram.
- Cruising speed: Approximately 10 knots @ 2800 RPM.
- Maximum speed: 12-13 knots @ 3100 RPM.
- 100 amp engine driven alternator working with 3-step Smart alternator.
- 2-8D 12V Ultra power AGM batteries; one engine start, 1 generator (new2018)
- West Marine combiner 150 battery bank isolator.
- AC Circuit breaker panels.
- Mase 4.4 kw diesel generator.
- 110V shore power cord.
- 40 amp 3-step Statpower True Charge battery charger.
- Prosine 2000winverter.
- Link 10 battery monitor.
- Raritan 6 gallon hot water heater from engine cooling.
- For four in a very bright, attractive Herreshoff-style interior.
- Rope and chain locker in forepeak.
- Enclosed head next aft, full width of vessel, includes large bathtub, telephone-type shower, sink, Lectra San head with y-valve, hot and cold pressure water, linen lockers and cabinets.
- The galley is next aft to port with Force 10 propane three burner stove with oven, icebox, S/S sink with hot and cold pressure water, counter space, dish racks, cabinets, microwave oven and toaster.
- Hanging locker, large bureau and cabinets opposite to starboard.
- Next is the main cabin with an extension settee/berth port and starboard with backrests which fold up to form upper berths; 2001/2002 all new foam cushions and Sunbrella canvas covers).
- Hand-rubbed cherry drop-leaf dining table with chart storage area is between the settees; skylight over.
- Varnished Douglas fir cabin soles below; varnished mahogany in wheelhouse.
- Companionway leads up to the deckhouse, with the steering station forward to starboard with Pompanette swivel helmsman and mate's seats.
- Portside is a bench settee with backrest and lockers beneath.
- Stern seat/storage locker across aft end of transom and a teak swim platform.
- Interior is finished in off-white paint with hand-rubbed varnished mahogany doors, joinerwork and trim.
- Trunk cabin interior, with exception of galley and head, was built new in 1982.
- Mahogany deckhouse sole
- Ventilation via 6 opening ports, several ventilators, starboard side windshield, and forward of the helm opens, as well as the aft of the deckhouse.
- Garmin DV54 GPS2017
- Raymarine DS500Xfishfinder.
- ICOM ICM45 VHF.
- Northstar 6000i radar, chartplotter(color).
- Kelvin White 6" binnacle compass.
- Simrad Robertson AP22 autopilot with remote.
- Clarion CD player.
- New Lewmar electric anchor windlass with remote.
- 45 lb CQR anchor with chain on plow.
- 20 lb Danforth anchor with chain and 3/8" nylon rode.
- Rule 2000 electric bilge pump, located aft of engine.
- Whale Gusher manual bilge pump.
- Fire extinguishers.
- Aft cockpit seat cushion.
- Fenders, docking lines,boat hook.
- Floscan GPH meter.
- Folding white table (can be used as bench seat in pilothouse).
- New Dark green cockpit awning.
- New dark green windshield cover.
- Trident CNG-LPG shut-off control.
- Cockpit table aft.
- Lewmar S.T. winch to help raise outboard.
- Deck washdown pump.
- Wilcox Crittenden W.C.
- Bronze seacocks and thru hulls.
- Two CNG bottles in container in cockpit.
Work done 2017 to present:
- Transom completely rebuilt.
- Bottom from wheelhouse bulkhead to stern, sister framed and refastened.
- New wheelhouse side sliding windows replaced and framing replaced as needed.
- Hull painted Epifanes Malachie green, white boot stripe, green bottom.
- Drive shaft and bearings rebuilt.
COMMENTS: SEA STAR was custom-built by Robert Rich of Bass Harbor, Maine, using first class materials. The boat has been lightly used for short day trips only during the summer months, and the Yanmar has only 500 hours of running time. The exterior is handsome but simply finished for ease of maintenance, and the boat has excellent quality joinerwork below decks - off-white paint with hand rubbed satin varnished mahogany doors, joinerwork and trim. The entire interior joinerwork of the trunk cabin area, with the exception of the galley and head, was built new in approximately 1982 by a first class yacht yard, Rockport Marine. A September 2017 survey is available upon request. Work completed in 2002 included sistering 4 cracked frames, refastening the entire bottom with bronze screws, new stainless water cooled exhaust riser and larger exhaust line, and repowering.
Potential purchasers should assume that items on the vessel at the time of viewing, but not specifically listed on this specification sheet, are not included with the sale of the yacht. These specifications are believed to be correct but cannot be guaranteed. Specifications are provided for information purposes. Data was obtained from sources believed reliable but is not guaranteed by owner or brokers. Buyer assumes responsibility to verify all speeds, consumptions, capacities and other measurements contained herein and otherwise provided, and agrees to instruct his surveyor to confirm such details prior to purchase. Vessel subject to sale, price and inventory changes, and withdrawal from market without notice.