VIRTUAL TOUR at http://yachtprofile.com/yp62lh
(Copy and paste this link into your web browser to view the virtual tour)
Few sailing designs have transcended time like the Little Harbor Yachts have and the looks, performance, (Marion to Bermuda class winner) and quality of Wanderer will set the standard in yacht design for many years to come.
In recent years, Wanderer has undergone a complete refit in various stages. The main refit items, which are listed by dates and in more detail within the following pages, include complete new teak decks, Awlgrip paint, entire rigging and sail inventory, bottom peel and relamination with West Epoxy System, bow thruster, electronics, canvas, windlass, deck hatches, plus dozens of other significant upgrades listed below.
If fast, comfortable family cruising or a continuation of Wanderer’s unique and profitable charter capabilities fit into your future plans, come to Ft. Lauderdale and get aboard.
Tilleggsinformasjon, tilbehør og utstyr:
Bygger: Little Harbor
Designer: Ted Hood
LOA: 61 ft 7 in
Bom: 16 ft 4 in
LWL: 49 ft 6 in
Minimum Kjøldybde: 5 ft 11 in
Motormerke: Twin Perkins
Motormerke: Twin Perkins
Ferskvannstank: (900 Gallons (US))
Drivstoffstank: (600 Gallons (US))
Few sailing designs have transcended time like the Little Harbor Yachts have and the looks, performance, (Marion to Bermuda race class winner) and quality of Wanderer will set the standard in yacht design for many years to come.
In recent years, Wanderer has undergone a complete refit in various stages, and this has created the finest Little Harbor 62 to be offered for sale at any time. The main refit items, which are listed by dates and in more detail within the following pages, include complete new teak decks, Awlgrip paint, entire rigging and sail inventory, bottom peel and relamination with West Epoxy System, bow thruster, electronics, canvas, windlass, deck hatches, dinghy and outboard motor, plus dozens of other significant upgrades listed below.
If fast, comfortable family cruising or a continuation of Wanderer’s unique and profitable charter capabilities fit into your future plans, com to Ft. Lauderdale and get aboard….it will be a visit that you will remember for years to come, and one that will add to your enjoyment and appreciation of the elegant sailing life!
Total Power: 130
This lovely Raised Salon Center Cockpit Little Harbor 62 sleeps eight in four private cabins. Each cabin has its own head with shower. There is an abundance of dorades, opening ports, and hatches offering plenty of ventilation. Additionally, there are 18 fixed ports, which account for a bright comfortable interior. The Crew's cabin is forward followed by port and starboard Guest Staterooms. Continuing aft and up one step is a generous salon complete with settee, L-shaped dinette, and access to the galley on starboard and the Nav station on port. Continuing aft to port through a passageway is the Master stateroom. Teak and holly soles throughout, varnished teak furniture and ceilings, soft vinyl overheads. Upholstery is tan ultra suede. White curtains for port lights.
The master Stateroom is located aft accessed through a portside companionway next to the Nav Station. The stateroom is complete with two hanging lockers, bookshelves, a vanity and a bureau. On starboard is a double berth and on port is a single berth. The Master head is located aft and includes a Vacu-Flush marine toilet, vanity and a stall shower. Four opening ports and an opening deck hatch provide light and ventilation.
The portside Guest Stateroom has upper and lower bunks, a hanging locker, and drawer storage. Aft and also on port is the Guest/Day Head with Vacu-flush marine toilet and a shower. This Head has access from the Salon and the port Stateroom.
The starboard side Stateroom features a double bed, a hanging locker drawer storage and is connected to a Guest Head. This Head, located on the starboard side forward of the Stateroom, has a stall shower and a Vacu-flush marine toilet.
The Crew's Quarters are located forward and are complete with V-berth and insert and storage under. There are two hanging lockers, bookshelves and front opening storage bins. Aft and to port is the Crew's Head complete with Vacu-flush marine toilet. Aft and to starboard is the stall shower.
The starboard side U-shaped Galley opens into the Salon.
- Double stainless sink
- Top loading Grunert refrigerator and freezer
- Force Ten gimbaled 3 burner stove with oven (propane, 2 twenty lb canisters mounted in a vented box on deck)
- Sharp microwave
- Raritan ice maker
- Black & Decker coffee maker and a 20 gallon hot water heater
- An abundance of built-in storage lockers and drawers
- 33 gph Spectra MPC 3000 watermaker
The Main Salon is laid out with a tan ultra suede L-shaped dinette on starboard around a drop leaf table. Opposite on port is a settee with teak coffee table forward and the Nav station aft (facing aft). The engine room is accessed through hatches in the Salon floor. The salon area is bright and airy thanks to several fixed hull and cabin ports.
The elevated center cockpit allows for exceptional visibility whether powering or under sail. Forward of the wheel is a drop-leaf table for topside dining. The cockpit is protected with dodger and bimini. The cockpit is fully equipped with sailing instruments (duplicates at the Nav Station).
- Varnished teak wrap-around coaming seat backs with integral hand holds.
- Elk hide covered stainless steel wheel and pedestal guard.
- Built in walk thru exits to side decks.
- Teak surfaces on seating, sole and exits.
- Fiberglass pedestal houses the engine instrument clusters, with compass in stainless steel binnacle mounted atop.
Electronics and Navigation Equipment
- ICOM VHF M502
- B&G Hydra wind/depth/speed
- Apparent wind meter
- GPS- Garmin Map 232
- Auto pilot- Simrad AP26
- Rudder angle indicator
- ICOM VHF M502
- B&G Hydra wind/depth/speed
- ICOM M710 SSB New 2010
- Nera Sat phone
- MFC 210C fax, copier, & scanner
- Raytheon RL 80 C Radar
- GPS-Raytheon Chart plotter with large flat screen & wireless keyboard
- Sea Water temperature gauge
- Furuno Weather fax
- WiFi System throughout
- Sony 24" Flat Screen TV
- Jensen stereo, CD, tape player 2010
- 2 8D Marine batteries (engine start) 2013
- 12 2-volt deep cycle batteries (house bank 24V)
- 1 Group 31 Marine battery (nav system)
- 1 Newmar 80 amp battery charger
- 1 Xantrex Truecharge 40-amp charger
- Heart 3000 inverter / charger
- Teak decks (07)
- 2-20 lb propane cylinders mounted in a vented locker
- On deck refrigerator
- 2 wash downs
- 2 Lewmar 52 self tailing electric winches
- 2 Lewmar 65 self tailing electric winches
- 2 Lewmar 55 self tailing winches
- 12 White cowl vents with teak dorade boxes
- Stainless steel dorade protector rails
- 4 aluminum frame deck hatches
- Maxwell electric windlass (Model 3500)
- Double life lines with boarding gates
- Raised teak toe rails with integral stainless steel chocks
- 105 lb. CQR anchor
- 75 lb. CQR anchor
- 100 lb. emergency kedge anchor
- 350' 1/2" chain
- 100' 1/2" chain
- 200' 1" rode
- Sea Drogue w/400' line
Sails and Rigging
- Hood Stoway Mast
- Sails by Hood (06) main, genoa, staysail, & Quantum spinnaker
- Navtec hydraulic backstay, boom vang
- Hydraulic electric furlers for genoa, staysail, mainsail
Engine and Mechanical
- 2 130 hp FWC Perkins diesel engines (6-534 model)
- Borg Warner Velvet drive transmissions 2.5:1
- 2-3 blade bronze props (Luke feathering)
- 1 Northern Lights 8kw genset
- 3 Air conditioning units
- 4 12 volt automatic bilge pumps
- 2 110 volt automatic bilge pumps
- Groco 12 volt oil change pump
- Side Power bow thruster (new 07)
- 33 gph Spectra watermaker
- Inflatable dinghy ('06) Caribe 13' 40 hp OB (Yamaha) 4-stroke
- Boarding ladder
- Dive tanks & snorkel gear
- 12 type 1 life vests
- 2 type 4 life vests
- 2 Halon fire extinguishers in engine compartment
- 4 Dry chemical fire extinguishers
- High water alarms
- Ships horn
- Alden 406 EPIRB
- MOM 8 by Survival Technologies
- Viking 8 man life raft with manual water maker (Not in certification)
Updates from 2006 to 2008
- New Teak Decking Systems deck replacement including re-sealing and surfacing fiberglass sub deck (07)
- Complete bottom peeling, drying, (under supervision of surveyor) and barrier coating with vinylester resin
- Replacement of all stainless chain plates, including new stem head fitting
- New Sidepower 20 hp bow thruster
- New Luke feathering propellers
- Hull repainted (Awlgrip Midnight Blue)
- Replaced all batteries
- Rebuilt centerboard
- New bow pulpit, stern rails, and lifelines
- Removed/replaced all thru-hulls
- Removed/rebedded all deck fittings during new teak decks
- Replaced/rebuilt deck hatches
- New Lewmar hydraulic 3500 windlass and anchor wash down system
- Complete removal and x-ray of standing rigging plus replacement of needed parts with new turnbuckles. New mast step, rebuilt all furlers, boom vang, complete hydraulic panel, plus replaced all halyards and sheets. Spinnaker pole & gear overhauled
- New bilge pumps
- Electronics: Autopilot, SSB, GPS/plotter, satellite phone, VHF's, wind, speed, depth, large screen monitor
- Replaced sanitation system, including new fresh water flushing heads
- All sails replaced by Hood Sailmakers: Mainsail, Genoa, staysail. Spinnaker inspected and serviced in 2017
- All cushions and interior mattresses replaced
- New Force 10 stove, BBQ, aluminum propane cylinders, and valves
- New Sharp microwave
- Replaced all fresh water plumbing
- Rebuilt reefer system with new valves and wiring
- Converted starboard guest stateroom from two small singles to double bed outboard of centerline. New drawers and flooring done at that time (08)
- New stereo system (June 08)
- Servicing and rebuilding of generator AC armature system and replacing rear main seal on diesel engine (completed June 12, 2008)
- New shaft spurs and packing glands (06)
- (4) New shaft bearings in 06
- Rebuilt air conditioning system (06)
- Replaced al mast sheaves, bearings, and pins (06)
- Rebuilt 5 deck vents
Remarks and Overview of Previous Upgrades
During 2009, after multiple survey and engineering overviews, Wanderer underwent a most extensive underwater blister repair process, to correct a previously applied repair process, completed in 2006. In 2009, under the direction and subsequent inspection of an engineer/naval architect who was originally involved in the construction of Little Harbor vessels, the bottom was completely peeled of the outer laminate and faring, dried and resealed with West System G/Flex epoxy, then re laminated with fiberglass cloth and epoxy. After this process, all through hull fittings were reinstalled and the final 3000 barrier coat was applied, yielding an underwater repair seldom equaled on composite hull laminates and one that far exceeds ABS thickness standards for offshore racing yachts.
In the previous refit, Wanderer has had well over $1,000,000 invested into practically every category.
For decades, these elegant Ted Hood designed performance cruisers have established a standard that few other builders have been able to equal, and if this design fits your sailing needs, you do not need to look further, just get aboard and do a close inspection...you will not be disappointed.
The constant updating of Wanderer includes, but is not limited to the following significant categories: Painting of entire topsides, replacement of teak decking, complete peel/drying/ and relaminating of the bottom, recent sails, electronics, windlass, interior soft goods, canvas, cushions, and always fresh varnish...the list goes on and should be seen in the complete listing.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
*This price is based on today's currency conversion rate.