Built in England this 45 foot blue water yacht is for sale in CT
A cutter rigged yawl built for offshore sailing/racing, Bluebird has competed in a number of offshore races with excellent results. Newport - Bermuda, Marblehead - Halifax, this solidly built yacht provides everything you need should you wish to continue her racing heritage, or plan longer voyages to anywhere on the globe. Bluebird can take you there with confidence and in comfort as she is also very well laid out below.
She can be entirely controlled from the cockpit and is comfortable in heavy seas. Complete electronics in working order, see Specifications Section for details.
Furling main, fore jib and cutter jib for ease of sail control.
Multiple heavy duty self tailing winches in numerous locations on deck.
The hull is molded in Glass Reinforced Plastic (GRP) with a 19mm core of plasticell sandwich and is further strengthened by the use of Kevlar rovings and longitudinal stringers.
Hull was stripped and 3 barrier coats and 2 coats of bottom paint applied
Her deck is also plasticell filled, so no need to worry about water absorption like vessels with balsa wood construction. The deck is further strengthened under winches, cleats, tracks, etc with 19mm plywood. The hatches and ventilators are also incorporated into the deck molding.
The hull to deck fixing is made with epoxy resin and glassing to the underside to ensure a complete water tight joint.
The five tons of lead ballast are totally encapsulated and the balanced rudder is GRP molded on a stainless steel framework with a 50 mm stock.
The engine has been replaced with a Volvo MD22L diesel, in 1999.
She has a two blade Max-Prop.
Displacement is 33,500 lbs.
She has a computerized breaker panel and many sails including:
Two cruising jibs
New Kappa mizzen 2015
Rigged with aft davits with dinghy
There are a number of racing focused items that can be available if interested,
but not included in the current price.
Kappa Storm Trysail (new)
ATM Gale Sail (new)
Spare rudder system
Two UK racing jibs
Please contact the Listing Broker for an appointment.
* Alpes 3-burner propane stove with oven
* Sea Frost Refrigerator and Freezer
* Extensive Cabinets and Storage
* Autohelm 7000 Autopilot
* ICOM VHF M502
* Raytheon Raychart 600
* Raytheon R40 radar
* Jensen Stereo/CD
* Ritchie Compass
* B&G Depthsounder
* B&G Knotmeter
* B&G Wind Speed and Direction
* 1- 12 volt Engine Starting Battery
* 4- 6 volt House Batteries
* Newmar SOAMF Automatic Battery Charger
* Ampair 100 Wind Generator
* Vessel is bonded for lightning protection
* Shorepower Cord
SAILS AND RIGGING
* The Hood Stoway Mainmast is Keel-Stepped
* The Chainplates are Stainless Steel thru-bolted to hull gussets.
* Masts and Booms are painted white anodized Aluminum
* 1x19 Standing Rigging and Turnbuckles
* The Backstay is fitted with a Navtec Adjuster
* The Headstay and Cutterstay are fitted with Harken Furling Systems
* The Cutterstay is fitted with a Navtec Hydraulic Adjuster
* Forespar Solid Vang- Main Boom
* Tackle Vang - Mizzen Boom
* 2- Barlow 36 ST 2-Speed Stainless Steel Genoa Winches
* 2- Barlow 32 ST 2-Speed Spinnaker Winches
* 4- Barlow 27 ST 2-Speed Coachroof Winches
* 2- Mizzenmast Stainless Steel Winches
* 2- Barlow 27 ST 2-Speed Stainless Steel Mast Base Winches
* Hood Stoway In-Mast Furling Mainsail by North
* (2) - Quantum 150% Jibs,
* Kappa Full-Batten Mizzen (2015)
* Mizzen Staysail
* 2- Spinnaker Poles
HULL AND DECK
* Barrier Coated Bottom
* 45 lb CQR with 200' heavy chain (2014)
* Stainless Steel Anchor Roller
* Maxwell Electric Windlass
* Stainless Steel Davits
* Stainless Steel Swim Ladder
* Liferaft Locker
* Dockside Water
* Fairclough Full Winter Cover
* 10' Avon Dinghy
* First Aid Kit
* PFD' s,
* Emergency Tiller
* Shaft is 1-1/2" Stainless Steel with a Line Cutter Spur
* Propeller- 20" Diameter Bronze Two-blade Feathering Max-prop
* Volvo Transmission with 2:1 Reduction
* Racor Engine Fuel Filter