The Sigma 33 designed by David Thomas proved to be an instant success when introduced in 1978. The concept of a one-design race fleet that is still capable of successfully racing under general handicap rules and being a comfortable cruising yacht appealing to sailors around Europe. The design has proven to be a competent offshore racer with many Sigma 33's still racing competitively in offshore events today. The designs heavy weather performance also makes the yachts attractive to those looking for a rewarding cruiser, several having crossed the Atlantic.
AMBER HAZE is a nicely presented fully compliant Sigma 33 OOD, in the current ownership for 26 years she has benefitted from a fastidious maintenance regime and continual upgrading. Highlights of her inventory include:
- New Selden mast fitted in 2002.
- Dyform stainless steel rigging all replaced 2016/17
- Furlex 200 Roller reefing system, with twin luff grooves fitted 2016.
- Comprehensive sail wardrobe, including racing and cruising sails.
- New fuel tank fitted 2017
- Re-upholstered throughout in 2016
- New Plastimo cooker fitted 2012
Wintering ashore AMBER HAZE is offered ready to antifoul and launch for a competitive 2020 racing season. Available for viewing by prior appointment.
Tilleggsinformasjon, tilbehør og utstyr:
Bygger: Marine Projects (Plymouth)
Designer: David Thomas
Kjøl: fin kjøl
LOA: 9.88 m
Bom: 3.20 m
LWL: 8.0 m
Maksimum Kjøldybde: 1.75 m
Avvik: 3636 kgs
Ballast: 1590 kgs
Total Power: 18 HP
Motormerke: Volvo Penta
Drev type: Direkte drev
Engine Power: 18 HP
Ferskvannstank: 2 Plastikk (180 Liter)
Drivstoffstank: 1 Plastikk (68 Liter)
Antall toalett: 1
Elektrisk krets: 12V
Amber Haze has been part of our family since the end of 1994. We have enjoyed using her as a family boat for cruising, club racing and local regattas; including the Round Mull Race and West Highland Yachting Week. She delivers rewarding performance and has proven capable when racing under general handicap as well as one-design rules. She fully complies with Sigma 33OOD Class rules and holds a valid Sigma One Design Class measurement certificate.
A successful well-known boat on the West Coast of Scotland we are sorry to be selling this loyal member of the family.
- Single piece GRP moulded hull.
- Sandwich construction with foam core closed out below waterline.
- Moulded floors and stringers fully bonded to hull.
- Plywood bulkheads glassed to hull and deck.
- Bolt-on iron ballast keel.
- Spade rudder.
- Hull, keel and rudder soda blasted in 2016 to remove antifouling.
- Single piece GRP moulded deck with integrated superstructure and self-draining cockpit.
- Sandwich construction with balsa core, reinforcing in way of deck fittings.
- Moulded non-slip finish to decks.
Spars and Rigging
- Standard OOD deck-stepped fractional rig.
- Selden silver anodised alloy mast, fitted new 2002.
- Kemp silver anodised boom and spinnaker pole.
- All standing rigging of Dyform type stainless steel wire, all replaced 2016/17
- Selden Furlex 200 roller reefing system with twin luff groove foils fitted, drum currently removed. Fitted new in 2015.
- Tuffluff plastic headfoil, not currently fitted.
- Kemp rod kicker with 16:1 purchase.
- Sigma lever type backstay adjuster.
- Barton ball bearing mainsheet traveller system, fitted new 2015.
- Primary Winches - 2x Lewmar 42, two-speed, self-tailing.
- Secondary Winches - 2x Lewmar 16, two-speed, self-tailing.
- Halyard Winches - 2x Lewmar 16, single-speed, self-tailing. Coachroof mounted.
All sails used are professionally laundered, inspected and repaired as required at the end of each season.
- Mainsail - White Dacron, 3 slab reefs. Sobstad circa 1995.
- #1 Genoa - White Dacron. Sobstad circa 1995.
- #2 Genoa - White Dacron. Sobstad.
- Working Jib - White Dacron.
- Storm Jib - Never used in current ownership.
- Mainsail - Elvstrom Genesis EPEX laminate. 3 slab reefs. (2013)
- #1 Genoa - Elvstrom EPEX laminate. (2013)
- #2 Genoa - Elvstrom Platinum TS (2010)
- #3 Genoa - UK Sails Tapedrive. Very lightly used. (2015)
- Spinnaker - 0.75oz Elvstrom. (2010)
- Spinnaker - 1.5oz North Sails. Lightly used. (2015)
Club Racing/Training Sails
- Mainsail - Genesis Platinum. 3 slab reefs. Sobstad. (2006)
- Mainsail - Genesis. 3 slab reefs. Sobstad. (1996)
- #1 Genoa - Genesis Platinum. Sobstad (2010)
- #1 Genoa - Genesis Platinum. Sobstad (2010)
- #2 Genoa - Genesis. Sobstad (1997)
- Spinnaker - 0.75oz Sobstad AP. (2000)
- Spinnaker - 1.5oz Team Sails.
- Mainsail Cover - Traditional over boom type.
- Spray Dodgers
Mooring and Ground Tackle
- Bower Anchor - 25lb CQR anchor with 6m of 8mm chain attached.
- Kedge Anchor - 18lb Danforth with 6m of 8mm chain attached.
- Anchor Chain - 20m of 8mm chain, stowed below decks.
- Anchor Warp - 30m of 14mm Octoplait.
- Mooring Warps - Selection
- Fenders - Selection
- Boat Hook.
- Stainless steel pulpit and pushpit rails.
- Anodised alloy toerail running the length of the deck edge.
- Toerail mounted alloy stanchions supporting double stainless steel guardwires.
- Single bow roller.
- Deck mounted alloy mooring cleats, forward and aft, four in total.
- Hardwood grabrails running along the outboard edge of the coachroof from the mast aft to the sprayhood.
- Side decks rising up to create raised cockpit coaming.
- Primary and secondary winches mounted on plinths moulded into coaming.
- U-shaped cockpit seating, benches on port and starboard sides with short bridge deck forward.
- Mainsheet spanning cockpit footwell towards aft end.
- Teak tiller with Spinlock tiller extension.
- Gas locker below forward section of starboard cockpit seat with full depth storage locker beneath aft section.
- Teak grating on cockpit sole.
- Depth - Standard Horizon CH50
- Log - Standard Horizon CH50
- Wind - Tacktick Micronet.
- Close Hauled Wind - Standard Horizon CH50 (not currently connected)
- Repeater - Standard Horizon CH50 Multi-repeater, mounted at chart table.
- Plotter - Standard Horizon CP180
- GPS - Furuno GP32
- GPS Repeater - NASA Clipper
- Autopilot - Autohelm 2000 tiller pilot.
- VHF - Standard Horizon GX1100E DSCVHF
- Magnetic Compass - 2x Plastimo Contest 101, bulkhead mounted.
- Fresh Water System - Cold water only system. Electrically pumped faucet in galley with manually pumped faucets in heads and galley also. Twin plastic tanks; total capacity approximately 180ltrs.
- Galley Stove - Plastimo Neptune 4500 gas cooker. Two burners, oven and grill. Gimbal mounted. (2012)
- Lighting - All lighting converted to LED bulbs.
- Ventilation - Solar-powered ventilators in forepeak and heads.
Standard Sigma layout below decks, 7 berths and a single heads. Interior finish is in a traditional style, joinery work of varnished teak veneered ply with teak trims, traditional teak and holly style soleboards and a light headlining. The boat was fully re-upholstered in 2016 with a marine quality, stain-resistant blue fabric.
Forepeak - Traditional V-berth layout with an infill section creating a generous double berth. Lockers run the length of the bunks outboard port and starboard. Bin style lockers beneath bunks for sail storage. The large opening deck hatch is fitted with a solar-powered fan for ventilation.
Heads - Appointed with manual marine toilet, wash hand basin and small vanity unit. Opposite the heads are two hanging lockers of a good size. A solar-powered vent on the deckhead provides constant ventilation.
Saloon - L-shaped on the port side with the single settee running the length of the saloon on the starboard side. The port settee converts to an occasional double bunk with the starboard settee providing a single berth. An additional pilot berth is provided above the settee seat back; outboard to starboard. The central table is fitted with folding leaves creating a suitably sized table to sit a full crew around. Storage is provided outboard of the seating overhead on the port side and behind the seat backs port and starboard.
Galley - To starboard of the companionway. L-shaped galley with gimbal-mounted cooker (replaced in 2012) outboard, stainless steel sink and cool box. An infill section of worktop fits over the cooker to create more working space when required. Selection of lockers and storage outboard of worktop and below.
Nav Station/Quarter Berth - Situated to port, opposite the galley, providing a practical working chart table. Chart storage is provided within the table with further shelves outboard and bosun's drawers beneath. The quarter berth running aft under the cockpit seating.
- Manual Bilge Pump - In cockpit.
- Manual Bilge Pump - Below decks, with a flexible suction hose.
- Emergency Tiller
- Horseshoe Lifebuoy
- Fire Blanket
- Radar Reflector - Mast mounted Firdell Blipper.
- Masthead Tri-colour and anchor light - LED
- Steaming Light
- Low-Level Navigation Lights - LED
- Volvo Penta 2002, 18hp marine diesel engine.
- 2 cylinder, naturally aspirated, raw water-cooled.
- Volvo Penta mechanical gearbox.
- Stainless steel prop shaft.
- Gori bronze, 2 blade folding prop.
- Engine fully serviced and winterised autumn 2018.
- Tek Tanks plastic fuel tank fitted new in 2017.
- Engine Bank - 12v lead-acid.
- Domestic Bank - 12v lead-acid.
Batteries are wired through a rotary type battery switch allowing operation on individual battery banks or both combined.
In this case we are acting as brokers only.
The Owner is not selling in the course of a business. whilst every care has been taken in their preparation , the correctness of these particulars is not guaranteed. The Purchaser is strongly advised to check the particulars and where appropriate at their expense to employ a qualified Marine Surveyor to carry out a survey and/or to have an engine trial conducted which if conducted by us shall not imply any liability for such engine on our part.
This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
*This price is based on today's currency conversion rate.