"Bertram has a well-deserved reputation for building rugged, high quality boats. Bertram has an interesting history, for it was one of the three first production boat companies to start up in 1961 along with Hatteras and the Henry Hinckley Company, all known for producing top quality boats that have survived to this day." - David Pascoe for Yacht Survey Online
"Johanna Elisabeth" is arguably the best maintained Bertram 37 on the market today. This yacht has been diligently maintained and regularly upgraded to the point that she shows as close to new as possible for a yacht of her age. Sitting on Mount Desert Island on the Maine coast, this yacht has benefited from the boat-building industry in the area and more specifically the high quality craftsmen in the area. This yacht needs to be seen to fully appreciate the value that this yacht offers.
Recent survey by Rick Savage, SAMS dated July 10, 2013 available.
Certified Professional Yacht Broker with over 25 years experience helping clients sell and purchase quality yachts. Please call Scott Woodruff, CPYB on his mobile at (954) 701-1072.
Please contact Scott Woodruff, CPYB at 207-236-8656
Tilleggsinformasjon, tilbehør og utstyr:
Bygger: Bertram Yachts
Designer: Ray Hunt
Flaggstat: United States
LOA: 37 ft 9 in
Bom: 13 ft 3 in
Maksimum Kjøldybde: 4 ft 2 in
Total Power: 750 HP
Propeller: 3-blads propell
Drev type: Direkte drev
Engine Power: 375 HP
Propeller: 3-blads propell
Drev type: Direkte drev
Engine Power: 375 HP
Marsjfart: 22 knop
Maks Hastighet: 27 knop
Ferskvannstank: (100 Gallons (US))
Drivstoffstank: (470 Gallons (US))
Septiktank: (30 Gallons (US))
Antall enkeltkøyer: 2
Antall dobbelkøyer: 2
Antall kabiner: 2
Antall toalett: 1
Beautifully styled and designed for the rigors of tournament-level fishing and serious offshore cruising, the 37 Convertible has been a very popular boat for Bertram. She's built on a deep-V hull (cored from the waterline up) using modern unidirectional fabrics and carbon fiber composites throughout. Below, her upscale two-stateroom layout includes overhead rod storage in the saloon, over/under bunks in the (very) small guest cabin, a walkaround island berth forward, and light oak cabinetry and woodwork throughout. Considered by many to be among the best in her class, the Bertram 37 receives high marks for her superb handling and exceptional performance. A fast boat. 450-hp 6V92's will cruise at 27 knots and (31 knots top).
The entire interior looks and feels like a new boat with recent headliners, cushions, carpet and extensive custom cabinet and joiner work in varnished oak done by a Maine master craftsman.
Beginning forward is the master cabin with island berth, with storage under and outboard.
Further aft to starboard is the guest cabin with two bunks.
Aft to port is the head with stall shower, WC, sink and vanity.
The sumptuous main salon features a dinette aft and to starboard, galley forward and to port, with refrigerator, freezer, two stoves, microwave and generous galley storage. The custom dinette has seating for five with a hi/lo table that can be converted to a double berth.
In the center forward of the main salon is a flat screen TV with and aft to port is the electrical distribution panel.
Hull and Deck
Starting aft is the custom teak swim platform with access to the cockpit through a transom door. The cockpit sole is finished off in teak and thiokol which is in excellent condition. At the forward end of the cockpit is, to starboard, a live bait well with a sink and storage below. At the port forward end of the cockpit is an outside freezer converted to propane storage with storage above. There are three removable cockpit hatches, the center hatch revealing a large bait well with removable fiberglass insert and the port and starboard hatches providing access to steering and storage. Varnish teak cockpit coamings set off this elegant area.
All alumninum handrails have been replaced with stainless and extra handholds provided where needed. The non skid surface and deck were recently painted.
The hull is Super Jet Black Awlgrip with white boot stripe, in like new condition. Forward, the anchor platform is teak with an Ideal electric windlass.
Going aloft to the flybridge one finds seating for two in piloting chairs and bench seating ahead of the helm console. There is a full helm enclosure for less than perfect weather. The ladder to the flybridge is stainless with teak treds for easier access.
The flybridge has a heating system from the engines.
- Two Raymarine C 120 color displays, one radar/plotter and the other plotter.
- Robertson AP 200 DL autopilot
- ICOM VHF radio
- ICOM SSB radio (condition unknown)
- Furuno Navigator GPS
- Sony stereo with Bose speakers at bridge, salon and cabins
- Flat screen TVs in salon and forward cabin with DVD/CD/remote control on custom steel hinged bracket
- Remote control spot/flood light 2013
- Onan 8 KW generator in sound box with approx 2000 hrs
- 50 amp shore power
- Full distribution panel for AC and DC
- Two 8D house batteries plus Group 27 generator start battery
- Twin Caterpillar 3208 375 hp engines wth approximately 1900 hours
- Two Cruise Air air conditioning units new in 2012
- Ideal anchor windlass
- 12 gallon hot water tank
- Onan 8 KW generator
The galley is exquisitely executed in the main salon with elegant cabinetry and every convenience one could imagine.
- 3 burner Force 10 propane stove with oven and broiler
- 2 burner Kenyon electric stove
- Sharp microwave
- Uline 2 cubic foot freezer
- 110 volt Subzero refrigerator
- Generous storage throughout
- Fenders with fleece covers
- Anchor, chain and rode
- Coast Guard safety gear
Recent upgrades, renovations and improvements that have been completed on "Johanna Elisabeth" Include the following items:
- New deck and Awlgrip with skid-tex. Awlgrip complete guardrails. Power sand barrier coat and recoat bottom
- New steering boxes built and fiberglassed with new bearings and steering assemblies
- New dual piston trim tabs installed and old built-in ones revoved
- Built custom struts for intermediate bearing on both shafts
- New antennas
- Updated after-cooler housings installed x (2)
- Awlgrip hull, all window frame, front of boat top sides, swim platform, striped and gold painted all black trip top sides
- New batteries port and starboard engines and gen set. Separated out house battery and installed 40 amp battery charger
- Work on Cats. Rebuilt both gears, new injectors, new injector pump, new belts, new hoses and installed 100 amp alternator. Electric oil pump outs checked, piston sleeves good and compression good
- Complete interior renovation including replacement of all head liners in boat and hull sides in master cabin and guest cabin. Built new padded blinds in main saloon on all windows. All new Sunbrella cushions throughout bunks, v-berth, settee, new foam type Memorex foam.
- Replaced hot water tank. Installed (1) new heat pump system
- Built sound proofing enclosure around 8kw Onan genset and rebuilt exhaust for silent operation
- All custom stainless steel rails, ladder and hand holds by Nautilus Marine
- 75% of bridge Weblon and glass replaced along with new top. Top frame and electronics cabinet custom built and Awlegripped. Cushions and side cushions replaced
- Heat system added on flybridge
- Custom interior gas stove installed in oak cabinets. Settee and table built with drop down to convert to bed. Dish cabinets built with custom pull outs, removed all old interior cabinets and tables. Converted outside freezer box to propane gas storage for new Force 10 stove. Custom oak trim in master cabin, custom stainless steel flat screen bracket installed in saloon.
All of this work reflects an investment of over $135,000.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
*This price is based on today's currency conversion rate.