1987, 40' Mainship Nantucket Dual Cabin Yacht...
46' overall including Swim Platform with Bowsprit and Anchor Roller.
14'4" beam... traditional trawler hull... prized for it's large Salon floor plan supporting shorts steps up to the Poop Deck and Bridge... and down to fore and aft cabins.
1,100 hours (3,300 avg life) on twin 454 Crusader Engines. I cruise at 2800 (15 - 18 MPH depending on current and wind). Both engines are currently compression testing within specs. The carbs have been rebuilt and ignition is electronic. With Auto Pilot, Anchor Windless, Sirius Weather, new just about everything... as near excellent as it gets...
Here's a list of everything I've added and replaced on this boat and when she was last surveyed:
- This year she got new cutlass bearings and log shaft packings.
- I had her surveyed before I made the Ludington passage from Grosse Ile, MI... by Jack Mormon who said the Hull and Stringers are and in very good shape.
- The former owner installed the large screen Raymarine GPS/Plotter. But, I've added a NEMA 2000 Backbone from the central processor required for the AutoPilot install... in case I/someone wanted to add CCD Cameras and/or a FLIR (she has vintage Furuno radar).
Added in last 6 years:
- Auto-Pilot (Raymarine)
- Sirius Weather dome and Raymarine compatible software upload
- Stainless Plow Anchor, Electric Winch (bridge controlled), Stainless Bow Roller, 15 ft Chain & 400 ft of premium Rode (Original Anchor & 400 ft of Rode stowed below for aft tethered anchoring scheme)
- 4 Man Life Raft
- Big TV
- Deer Skin Hide-a-Bed Sectional Couch
- Stainless Gas Grill on Poop Deck
- Custom Made Lobster Trap Coffee Table for the Poop Deck
Replaced in last 7 years:
- Intelligent Inverter/Battery Charger
- New Batteries
- All new Thru-Hull Hoses
- All new Engine Belts & Hot Water Hoses
- New Zincs throughout
- New Heat Exchanger Caps
- Both Rudder Packings
- Both Toilets
- Both Shower Pump-Outs
- Bilge Pumps
- All Cabinet & Drawer Catches (Stainless)
- Stainless Steel Hot Water Heater
- Cabin & Salon Carpeting
- New Smoke & Carbon Monoxide Detectors
- Props (Twin Spares stowed below)
- Flybridge Clear Vinyl
- Poop Deck & Flybridge Carpeting
- New Helm Chair
- Poop Deck Chairs
- Fire Extinguishers
- I'm going to put another coat of Sikkens on Deck Teak and Murphy Oil the Salon & Cabin Oak in June.
All of the new & replacement work I've done is for esthetics, just to stay ahead of stuff before it happens, or for safety reasons.
She will operate trouble free for many years... with the only piece not replaced being the refrig... which I'm waiting on because it isn't broke why fix it?
A buyer is going to get a great, great boat.
Thank you for looking at our listings, we truly appreciate your time! Why Ludington Yacht Sales, LLC you ask...
Integrity, honesty and follow through are our top priorities
The process should be fun, professional and easy-we accomplish that-promise!
It's a boat for crying out loud, it should be fun, if it's not, don't buy it!
We have sold over $85,000,000.00 in boats and counting-we're going to have a really big party when we hit the big $100 million mark!
We keep our customers best interests in mind-always!
We have decades of experience!
We have full time Brokers and brick and mortar offices!
We have a really cool tagline too...
The Lake, The Life, The Dream-give us a call!
123 W Ludington Ave
Ludington, MI 49431-2021