Farr One Ton "Universitas" For Sale
One of the last and most beautiful one tonners.
The "Universitas" was constructed according to a design of Bruce Farr in Franklin/New Zealand. The extreme light weight construction consisting of carbon/kevlar and honeycomb is the same as "Saudale III" sailed to many victories by Albert Büll, and gained further victories as "Abap 4" by Hasso Plattner.
The past years she had been fondly taken care of and is in excellent condition. Also the simple interior is in good repair. Every winter there have been improvements and detailed maintenance operations to keep the boat in good condition.
As "Universitas" she has been successfully raced to many victories in sailing races on the Baltic Sea until today.
She is crewed by a team of between 6-9 members.
Joe Hall - Farr Yacht Sales Europe +44 7774 138777.
- Length 12,08m
- Width 3,84m
- Draught 2,27m
- Length of mast 18,65 m
- Main 55 sqm
- Genoa 44 sqm
- Jib 28 sqm
- Spinnaker up to 120 sqm
- Hull "Sandwich" the inside layer is of Carbon, outside honeycomb and aramid
- ORCi- measurement
3 spreaders Aluminium mast splendid to trim including Diamonds (renewed in 2006)
light weight Main boom of Aluminium
Carbon Spinnaker pole
many Titan fittings
- Main North 3DLCarbon 2015
- Main NOrth Dacron 2017
- Genoa North 3DL Carbon
- strong wind Genoa Oleu foil with Tafetta 2007
- Jib North 3DL Carbon 2015
- Jib North 3DL Kevlar with Tafetta 2009
- Jib Dacron 2015
- Spinnaker s2 North 2016
- Spinnaker S4 North 2009
- Storm sails
- many further sails
- 6 winch Lewmar 2 gears (including special constructed light weight drum)
- high- class fittings
- many Titan fittings
- 4 steady bunks
- 2 tube bunks
- Navigation Light Lopolight
- LED inlights
- Volvo Penta 2003 machine, 60 l tank
- about 400 Ah capacity of battery including 40/6 A charger
- Lead (Nexus)
- Log (Nexus)
- Wind (Nexus)
- Fluxgate (Nexus)
- Nexus NX2 Server (Connection to portable computer)
- GPS (Nexus)
- 4 displays (5th is under deck)
- Nexus remoter
- Portable computer with tactic/navigation-software
- radio transceiver (DSC) and radio
also adjustable for outside-speakers
- life raft (for 10 persons)
- 9 lifejackets including lifebelt
Farr Yacht Sales offers the details of the listed vessel in good faith. We are diligent in presenting the above facts and inventories of the listed vessel but we cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of the information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. The buyer, whether himself or through his agent or his surveyor, should conduct such investigation, independent confirmation and additional due diligence as the buyer deems necessary before purchasing the vessel.
This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.