Just about everything on this boat has been updated/upgraded beginning in 2015! It is almost a 2015+ boat in a solid 1995 hull. It has been completely gone over and outfitted for true blue water, long time cruising and/or circumnavigating. The current owners have been meticulous with, rebuilding, maintenance, and upgrading ever since they bought her. They have been sailing all throughout the Caribbean and South America. Unfortunately, family needs are requiring them to sell and move back to land. This is NOT a dock condo. This is not a high production factory made vessel, this is a solid Bob Perry designed sailing machine, hand built in the very respected Taiwanese boat yard: Ta Yang. It has all solid, strong stainless steel throughout, not plastic or cheap, thin metals. The hull is solid, hand laid fiberglass over PVC core, not wood cored (PVC insulates, strengthens, and lightens the hull.) Toe rail and interior has solid teak wood throughout, not veneer. No deck cracks. No leaks, this is a dry boat. The Tayana’s vessels are often compared to and in the same class as: Hylas, Oyster, Taswell and Passport, without the huge price tag.
This particular Tayana 48, is the very sought after ICW and island friendly DS model, which is shoal draft of 5’3”, and mast height of 64’.
If you are looking for a solid proven blue water, high end constructed vessel that has been completely gone over mechanically with many upgrades, has a comfortable, functional, esthetically pleasing interior layout and sails like a dream, THIS is your boat!
CONTACT LISTING BROKER:
MARY-BETH MERENDINO @ 423-741-1176 OR EMAIL email@example.com
VESSEL IS LOCATED IN: Cape Canaveral, FL
Please contact Mary-Beth Merendino at 423-741-1176
Tilleggsinformasjon, tilbehør og utstyr:
Designer: Robert Perry
LOA: 48 ft 0 in
Bom: 14 ft 6 in
LWL: 40 ft 3 in
Maksimum Kjøldybde: 5 ft 6 in
Avvik: 35000 lbs
Ballast: 11675 lbs
Klarering til bro: 64 ft 5 in
Fri høyde: 6 ft 8 in
Total Power: 88 HP
Propeller: 3-blads propell
Drev type: Seil drev
Engine Power: 88 HP
Ferskvannstank: (240 Gallons (US))
Drivstoffstank: (150 Gallons (US))
Septiktank: (30 Gallons (US))
Antall kabiner: 2
Antall toalett: 2
- Center cockpit with full beam aft cabin
- Shoal draft, ICW friendly
- (2) Private queen staterooms
- (2) Full heads, each with separate stand up showers
- 6’8” headroom
- Yanmar 80HP Engine, complete rebuild 2015, approx. 1,100 hours since
- All electronics updated to Raymarine in 2015/2016
- Easy walk around deck. Solid stainless steel, heavy duty rigging.
- Easy to sail, smooth cut through the water, solid fiberglass/PVC hull.
- Solid teak, beautiful joinery throughout. A lot of storage.
- Exterior teak is easy maintenance oiled.
- New full cockpit enclosure with both Strataglass and mesh options, upgraded Sunbrella canvas.
- Usable sugar scoop transom with platform and swim ladder.
- Water and fuel tanks are stainless steel.
And much, much more that makes this high-quality sailing vessel a long range live aboard and cruiser.
Salon and Staterooms
This is the 2-cabin, 2-head layout. Master stateroom is full beam aft cabin with walk around queen. Private large head with separate stand up shower with teak seat.
- The guest stateroom has a portside pullman queen sized bunk
- Both cabins have a large hanging locker, many cabinets and drawers for storage plus more storage though out boat
- The guest/day head is in V-berth area with separate stand up shower
- Large port lights for ease of view while underway though out the boat
- Large arched dinette that easily seats 5 to 6 people, converts into an extra bunk
- Navigation desk with padded swivel chair
- Separate love seat
- 6’8” headroom
- Large centerline portside galley with in counter refrigerator and freezer that have duel access
- 3-Burner propane stove with oven
- Black and Decker microwave oven
- Corian counter tops
- Lots of storage and room to work
- Port lights with good exterior sightlines
- Built-In spice rack
- Large double stainless-steel sink
Electronics and Helm
- GPS: (2) Raymarine - C-125 series chart plotter with Hybrid touch screen at helm, static at Nav station. New 2015.
- Radar: Raymarine. New 2016.
- Wind Speed and Direction: Raymarnine. New 2016.
- Auto Pilot: Raymarine, New 2016.
- Depth sounder: Raymarine. New 2016.
- Bow Thruster: Vetus 80kg with joystick.
- VHF: (2) Uniden one mounted at nav station, one portable.
- Iridium Gold Sat Phone. New 2018.
- Destroyer helm.
- Compass: Sestrel, at helm.
- Stereo: JVC CD, Bluetooth, MP3, Interior and cockpit speakers. SBX 4 VC speaker selector.
- DVD player: LG
Rigging and Sails
- Sails are not believed to be original, however no documentation for exact date unless noted below.
- Fully battened mail sail with 2 reef points, mainsail cover new 2015
- Foot restitched 2019
- Furling Genoa
- Storm Jib
- Whisker Pole
- Dutchmen system
- Tapered airfoil section aluminum spreaders
- Masthead mounted windex
- 316 Stainless steel standing rigging with Sta-Lok fittings
- (5) Halyards led in mast including 1 spare
- (1) #44 Electric self-tailing
- (3) #44 Self-tailing
- (2) #62 Self-tailing
- Lewmar Line clutches with starboard lifts - New 2015
- Boom to mast bolt upgraded to 5/8 thread at bottom - New 2016
- Emergency steering system with tiller
- Rudder bearing
- Bronze rudder shoe skeg mounted rudder
Deck and Hull
- Forward fairleads replaced and upgraded with custom fabricated to avoid line chafe. New, thicker stainless-steel backing plates added. 2016
- Custom stainless-steel double anchor bow roller/stem head fittings. New 2016
- Windlass: Maxwell electric. Rebuild 2018
- Anchors: Primary, 66 lb. spade with approx. 280 ft. of chain (marked 2020) Secondary’s: 44 lb. Fortress and 45 lb. CQ4. Extra 100 ft. of chain for throw anchor.
- Freshwater washdown at windless with ball valve shut off.
- Bracing stanchions on either side of mast.
- Solid teak toe rail, stripped and oiled 2020
- New bottom paint (full strip with 3 new coats) 2018
- New bronze thru-hull fittings (all) 2018
- Full enclosure with choice of Strataglass or mesh sides. Upgraded Sunbrella cover - New 2018
- Stainless helm pedestal.
- Cockpit cushions - Recovered 2015
- Cockpit table - Refinished 2016
- (2) Cockpit chairs New 2018
- Cockpit entry doors: Choice of louvered teak swing doors with screen insets or 2-piece lift doors.
- Plexi glass slide entry hatch.
- 10 ft. Stainless steel dinghy davits with manual pulley system. (includes 3/8 chain with 2 locks for tender security)
- Separate pulley system for tender motor.
- Tender: 12 ft. Achilles Hypalon - New 2015
- 15 HP Yamaha four stroke motor - New 2015
- Transom washdown/shower. Hot and cold.
- Rail mounted Magma Grill with new cover.
- (2) Propane tanks - (1) 18 lb. fiberglass. (1) 20 lb. marine grade aluminum.
- (5) Lumar hatches with covers. All seals and custom upgraded metal latches fabricated 2019-2020
- Hatch covers – New 2015
- (2) Custom snorkel gear bags - New 2018
- Dinghy gas tank cover - New 2018
- Life ring
Engine / Electrical
- Yanmar 4 cylinder 4JH2-DTE 80 HP marine diesel engine, Complete rebuild in 2015 Approx. 1,100 hours (3,250 hours overall)
- Flexible engine mounts
- Racor fuel filter
- Engine alarm systems
- Lead foam insulated engine room
- Raw water strainer for engine intake
- Anti-syphon valve
- Muffler/waterlock system
- Shaft strut with cutlass bearing
- 1-1/2” Stainless steel prop shaft with 3-Blade bronze propeller
- Westerbeke Generator 7.6 kw BTD 60 Hertz - Complete rebuild 2018 New base and mounts 2019
- Xantrex Inverter/Charger - New 2016
- (2) 4D 12 v. Wet cell start battery - New 2016
- (2) 8D 12 v. Wet cell House battery - New 2016
- (2) Heavy duty battery switches - New 2016
- 12 V. Electric bilge pump with auto float switch
- Shower power inlet. 2x30 Amp cords with splitter.
- MarineAir A/C 16000 BTU Domestic, with heat, in main salon - New 2017
- MarineAir A/C 6000 BTU Domestic, with heat in master stateroom - New 2015
- Water heater, 6 gallon. - New 2019
- Interior light fixtures, new and converted to LED - New 2017
- Anchor, deck, and Streaming lights - New 2017 Running lights New 2020
- 110 Outlets throughout boat
- GFI outlets in heads.
- Plumbed for water maker (water maker was removed but all plumbing and electric are ready for unit)
- (2) Large, roomy heads with separate stand up showers.
- (2) Automatic sumps pumps for showers – New 2016
- Manual marine heads
- Manual bilge pump
- (4) Whale manual foot pumps - 1 saltwater in master head, 1 in guest/day head, 1 saltwater and 1 fresh water each in galley.
- Seawater pump and self-priming freshwater pump - New 2015
- Almost all plumbing hoses replaced new since 2016
Very impressively maintained vessel. After their purchase and plans for long term cruising, the current owners have replaced or upgraded the important systems and the little things. The boat was struck by lighting in 2016 and only damaged electronics which have all been completely replaced with new.
They also upgraded versus just replaced everything they addressed. For example, the hatches had plastic latches that started to show sun damage, so they had stainless steel latches fabricated and installed as they plan for them to last many more years. When the toe rail varnish began to flake, they completely removed, sanded, washed and went with Australian teak oil, which is not only beautiful, it becomes much easier to maintain. When water pump on engine failed and had issue with bell housing, they had engine removed and completely rebuilt and added new motor mounts, hoses, double clamped every one, etc. When boat was out for bottom paint, they replaced all through hulls with bronze. All turn buckles have been kept free and in working order. These are just a few examples that makes it very easy to see that this vessel has been VERY well maintained and updated.This boat will have an easy survey with little, if any findings.
There are many extras that will be left aboard boat such as racor filters, clamps, extra hoses, portable fuel cans, etc.
All photos, except on hard and at anchor pictures were taken at the time of this listing.
Galley supplies, personal tools, personal belongings.
Engine hours are as of the date of the original listing and are a representation of what the listing broker is told by the owner and/or actual reading of the engine hour meters. The broker cannot guarantee the true hours. It is the responsibility of the purchaser and/or his agent to verify engine hours, warranties implied or otherwise and major overhauls as well as all other representations noted on the listing brochure.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
*This price is based on today's currency conversion rate.