Privately owned and used 3-cabin, 2-heads ‘owner’s layout’ Bruce Farr designed Beneteau Oceanis 461 Clipper with good cruising specification, furling rig and very low engine hours.
FURTHER BROKER’S COMMENTS:
Launched in 1997, STEELAWAY is an owner’s version of the extremely popular Farr and Briand designed Beneteau Oceanis 461. With her hull based on the sport Beneteau First 45f5, she is an excellent performer in all conditions. Well proven as a bluewater cruiser, many Oceanis 461’s have successfully completed circumnavigations and her robust build quality and comfortable interior layout lend her perfectly to long-term liveaboard duties.
Privately owned and used since new, STEEELAWAY was originally delivered to France before relocating to the S.Coast UK by her first owner and kept on the River Hamble. Sold to her second owners in 2007, she was kept in Brighton before heading down to the Mediterranean in 2012, completing the trip in ‘short hops’ via Brittany, across the Bay of Biscay, round the coasts of Spain and Portugal, and then on to Mallorca where she now lies.
Her specification highlights include:-
• 3 double cabins and 2 bathrooms
• Audio system with interior & exterior speakers
• Autopilot (with repeater at the navigator’s table)
• Last antifouling done April 2020
“…With the weight of the Farr design office behind the shaping of the hull, we can be sure that this will be a good sailing boat. The D/L is 157. It is a beamy boat, with plenty of beam carried to the transom. The ends are short, but the counter is elevated enough to avoid dragging the transom around. I checked the sheerline with my straightedge and it is not dead straight, but it is very close. There might be a total of 3 inches of spring in the entire sheer. Flattish sheerlines go well with this general styling approach.
Rudder and keel are stubby enough to give a 5-foot, 9-inch draft. The keel has both bulb and wings. I think there is enough plan form in this low-aspect-ratio fin to give this shoal-draft boat reasonable upwind performance.
The rig is stoutly stayed with babystay forward, swept spreaders and fore and aft lower shrouds. On one of the drawings I looked at there appears to be a Doyle Stackpac shown on the foot of the main. This is a favourite of mine, having cruised with it. It amounts to a mainsail cover attached to the foot of the main and supported by the lazy jacks. The SA/D is 17.41 using 1, J, E and P.”
Hull, Deck & Superstructure Construction:
• Laminated G.R.P. hull with internal fiberglass grid hull liner, reinforced with unidirectional rovings D
• Balsa sandwich for stiffness and thermal and acoustic insulation
• Vinyl headliner with accent strips in salon & cabins
• Structural bulkheads bonded 360° to hull and deck for structural strength
• White gelcoat topsides
• Teak laid deck
Keel & Rudder:
• Cast iron fin keel with stainless steel bolts
• GRP spade rudder blade with GRP rudder stock
Engine & gearbox:
• Yanmar 4JH2DTE 4-cylinder turbo-charged 78 hp diesel engine
• Shaft drive reduction gearbox
• Sound-proofed engine compartment with insulating foam
• Engine control panel and control lever at starboard helm position
Engine Hours & Maintenance:
• Engine hours – approx. 726 hours as of Summer 2020
• Engine routinely serviced
• Last service on the engine. July 2020 (including brand new turbo fitted, heat exchanger and intercooler both cleaned and renovated)
Propulsion & Steering:
• Max Prop 3-blade feathering propeller
• Hide covered stainless steel helm wheel
• Emergency steering
• 12vDC domestic systems with 220vAC via shore-power
• 1 x 12v ‘Optima 8002.250’ 50Ah CCA 860 engine start battery
• 3 x 12v domestic deep-cycle ‘Uranio 920.850S 120 Ah batteries
• 12vDC/230vAC Automatic battery charger
• Engine-mounted alternator
• Alternator coupled to the engine with power distributor
• Electrical control panel with thermal breakers
• 12v sockets, voltmeter, ampere meter and battery test at DC panel
• 230vAC shore power supply protected with differential breaker and distribution system.
• 230vAC sockets throughout interior
• 24 switch 12 V electrical panel and a further 4 switches with 220 V differentials.
• Rigging grounded against lightning
PLUMBING & GAS SYSTEMS
• The hot freshwater circuit is led into a well insulated 42 litre hot water tank, heated by engine or 230v AC immersion heater element
• Hot & cold freshwater shower at bathing platform
• Electric bilge pumps
• Manual bilge pump
• Approx 220 litres fuel capacity in 1 x aluminium tank located beneath the engine in the aft cabin
• Fill¬i¬ng of fuel tanks is through deck inlet
• Approx. 550 litre freshwater capacity in 1 x plastic moulded tanks located under the saloon.
• Fill¬i¬ng of water tanks is through deck inlet.
• 3x 80 litre holding tanks with discharge on deck or sea
NAVIGATION & COMMUNICATION EQUIPMENT
• Raymarine C80 Multi-function navigation plotter
• Autohlem displays showing wind
• Raymarine display showing speed, depth, and log
• Autopilot Autohelm ST7000
• Plastimo Olympic 135 compasses
At Chart Table:
• Autopilot Autohelm repeater
• Raymarine Plotter
• Autohelm Navcenter 600
• ICOM VHF IC-M411 with DSC
Galley linear to Starboard:
• Force 10 Stainless steel 3-burner hob with oven and stainless-steel safety rail
• Top-opening electric fridge
• Rectangular double stainless-steel sink
• Mixer tap with hot and cold pressurized water
• Manual marine heads discharging to holding tanks
• Hot & cold pressurised water supplies with showers
• Reading lights in saloon and in accommodation cabins
• Deck head lighting throughout
• Stereo radio/CD with speakers in saloon and cockpit
Summary of Accommodation:
• Up to seven berths in three double cabins and occasional single berth in saloon.
• Cherry-stained mahogany joinery
• Parquet type laminated floors
• Stripes Upholstery throughout
• New Lewmar portlights throughout.
Accommodation Layout from Forward:
• Double berth with marine mattress.
• Stowage: Shelving along hull sides. 2 drawers under berth. Hanging locker to port. Hanging locker to starboard. Closed shelves with slotted doors to port and starboard.
• Bench seat to port and starboard
• Wood inner lining to hull sides.
• 2 x reading lamp
• Halogen deck head lights with up/down switch
• 1 x opening hatches
• 2 x side portholes
• Large bowl marine WC with GRP lid.
• Molded washbasin with arched grp doors.
• Hot / cold mixer tap (washbasin).
• Hot / cold mixer tap with flexible hose and shower bar
• Manual Jabsco WC
• Separate shower
• Mirrors. Cupboard. Bathroom accessories.
• 2 halogen deck head lights
• U- Shaped Semi-circular saloon with bench seat and 4 cushions.
• Central bench seat with stowage underneath, sideboard surrounded by molded wood serving as handrail
• Modular saloon table (extendable) on stainless steel legs.
• 2 opening ports and 1 fixed with curtains.
• 4 x Hull ports with curtains
• 2 opening deck hatches
• 4 x large panoramic ports
• 2 opening hatches with blinds.
• 5 halogen deck head lights.
• Linear galley to port of saloon.
• Gimballed oven
• 1 x top-opening electric fridges
• Synthetic resin work surface
• Rectangular double stainless-steel sink
• Mixer tap with hot and cold pressurized water
• 4 x closed cupboards
• Cutlery drawers.
• Front opening waste-bin
• Chart table with chart storage
• Panel for navigation instruments
• Navigator’s seat with locker
• Drawers under chart table.
• Opening port with curtain above chart table.
• Stereo radio with CD and MP3 players, and two speakers in saloon.
• Electrical panel.
• Molded washbasin
• Hot / cold mixer tap
• Manual Jabsco WC
• Bathroom accessories
• Opening hatch
• Double berth with marine mattress
• Shelving along hull sides
• Stowage lockers
• Hanging locker
• 1 x opening ports with curtains in cockpit
• 1 x opening port with curtains on coach roof coaming
• 1 x opening hatches with blinds
• 1 deck head light and two reading lights
• Sloop rig
• 2x sets of spreaders
• Boom in anodised aluminium
• Stainless steel wire standing rigging
• Inmast mainsail furling system
• Rod vang
• Double backstay with turnbuckle
• Furlex genoa furling system with drum on the deck
• Genoa sheet tracks with piston adjusted traveller cars
• 2x Self-tailing genoa sheet winches
• 2x Self tailing control line winches
• In- furling mainsail of 36.36 m2
• Furling genoa with UV strip of 57.30 m2
• Closed stainless steel forward pulpit – Step
• 2 stainless steel aft pushpits
• Double guardrail and stainless-steel stanchions
• Stainless steel guardrails on deck
• Stainless steel handrails on fixed arch at cockpit outlet
• Cockpit table
• Bathing platform
• Swimming ladder
Tender & Outboard:
Anchoring & Mooring:
• 12vDC horizontal Whitlock T601 windlass with remote control
• Delta anchor with 50 meters of 10mm chain
• Storm Fluke anchor with 50m
• Bruce stern anchor has 30m
• Pushpit mooring
• Mooring cleats
• Fore and aft mooring lines
• Anchor and chain calibrated plus anchor and chain of respect
Covers, Cushions & Canvas:
• Spray hood with stainless steel frame and large windows
• Bimini top with stainless steel frame
• Weatherproof cockpit cushions
General note on safety equipment: Any safety equipment such as liferafts, Epirbs, fire extinguishers and flares etc. are usually personal to the current owner(s) and if being left on-board as part of the sale of a used vessel may require routine servicing, replacement, or changing to meet a new owners specific needs.
• Kannad self-deploying beacon
• Horseshoe lifebelt
• Life raft
• Antifouling 2020
• Engine serviced each year
• New engine’s turbo fitted 2020
Mallorca - Spain
Available to view strictly by appointment
Office Hours Mon- Fri 0900 – 17.00
Saturday by prior appointment
For more information or to arrange a viewing please contact us.
Please Note: Due to the varying locations of our yachts, your travel time and the distances that may be involved, we recommend that you only make arrangements to view if you are actively considering purchase.
Tel: +34 675 236 174 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Grabau International (Palma) offers the details of all vessels in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information or warranty the condition of any vessel and the details do not constitute a part of any contract. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. All vessels are offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice. Grabau International (Palma) provides professional yacht conveyancing and legal transfer of title for all yachts as per the ABYA Code of Practice with all deposit payments and final balance payments processed through secure dedicated client accounts solely for that purpose. Our dedicated client accounts are written in trust at Natwest Bank and we are fully insured.