Launched in May 2000, this Andrew Stewart design built by R King / J W Marine has a proven offshore cruising and racing pedigree. "Ding Dong" has been optimized for short-handed offshore cruiser-racing and has won many pots along the way.
This is a great opportunity to purchase a well equipped "ready to go" club or short-handed offshore racer for not a lot of money! Lots of fun for the buck from from this powerful, but high stability design, with a competitive 2016 IRC rating of 1.073.
Tilleggsinformasjon, tilbehør og utstyr:
Kjøl: fin kjøl
LOA: 37 ft 1 in
Bom: 12 ft 0 in
Maksimum Kjøldybde: 8 ft 3 in
Total Power: 40 KW
Drev type: Seil drev
Engine Power: 40 KW
Antall toalett: 1
- Boat: Stewart 37
- Year: 2000
- Builder: R King / JW Marine
- Designer: Andrew Stewart
- Engine: Volvo 40hp
- Sail drive
- Location: Lymington
- Launched: 2000
- LOA: 37 ft 1 in / 11.33m
- LWL: 33 ft 9 in / 10.34m
- Beam: 11 ft 7 in / 3.58m
- Draft: 8 ft 2 in / 2.50m
- Displacement: 5107 kg
- Engine: Volvo 40hp Saildrive
- The engine has been serviced annually and there is a list of parts replaced.
Build & Construction
"Ding Dong" is an Andrew Stewart design built and launched in May 2000 by R King / R W Marine. She is strongly built with a Speedstrip Cedar E Glass epoxy composite hull and balsa cored E Glass deck.
The high stability keel has a steel machined fin with a 2 tonne lead bulb.
She is tiller steered with a single E Glass / Carbon rudder with stainless steel stock with Torlon bearings.
The rudder was rebuilt and faired, with new 8mm Torlon bottom bearings in 2011.
The underwater hull surface was grit blasted & repainted in 2014.
The keel was dropped out, faired & refitted with new keel bolts in 2015.
- Z Spars custom alloy mast & boom
- New boom and gooseneck fitted in 2013/14
- Dyform low stretch standing rigging (replaced in Dec 2014)
- Dyneema adjustable backstay system (replaced in Dec 2014)
- Carbon spinnaker pole
- Tides Marine mainsail luff track system installed in 2009 with s/s slides
- 2 x Harken ST40 Radial mainsheet winches
- 2 x Lewmar 48 primary winches
- 2 x Lewmar 45 halyard winches
- Most of the running blocks changed in 2009
- New jib cars & tracks fitted in 2012
- Sprayhood fitted in 2014
- Fabric sock to protect furled headsails
- Halyard bags
- Winch handle pockets
- Liferaft cradle
- Boarding ladder
Sails - All by SANDERS SAILS in Lymington
- Mainsail - 2012 Carbon tri-radial
- Mainsail - 2010 Vectron
- No. 1 Genoa - 2013 Carbon (luff bolt rope - fits furler)
- No. 1 Genoa - 2010 D4 Aramid (* hanked luff)
- No. 3 Genoa - 2010 D4 Aramid (* hanked luff)
- No. 4 Genoa - 2011 D4 Aramid (luff bolt rope - fits furler)
- Spinnaker - 2010 AP (All Purpose) 101 sq.m
- Reacher - 2012 80 sq.m
- Code 0 - 2013 70 sq.m - flown off bow fitting
- Storm Jib
* The hanked jibs would need the luff converting to bolt rope to work with the furler
Navigation & Electrics
2 x 100AH domestic batteries
1 x Redflash engine starter battery
Battery monitor system
30W Solar panel
Full TackTick instrumentation system (Log/Speed/Depth Wind)
GPS cockpit repeaters
Garmin 128 GPS & Standard Horizon plotter
AIS Class B Transceiver with Comar splitter
Raymarine 6002 Autopilot with linear drive with gyro compass
Domestics & Misc
- 2 x Manual bilge pumps fitted
- Sea toilet
- 2 Burner cooker
- Up to 7 berths
I have enjoyed sailing "Ding Dong" immensely with or without a crew. She has looked after me well over the years and won some pots to boot! She is ready to go with all the sailing systems working.
1st in Class 1 in 2010 Two-handed Round Britain & Ireland Race
2nd in Class 4 on return leg of 2011 AZAB Race (Azores & Back)
Numerous podium finishes with SORC (Solo Offshore Racing Club), JOG (Junior Offshore Group) and RSYC (Royal Southampton) Inshore & Offshore series.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
It is not guaranteed that the safety gear listed on the specification comes within the manufacturer's safety guidelines i.e. expiry dates and servicing and is therefore sold as is.
Selling Your Boat
Selling Your Boat?
- DO YOU HAVE A BOAT YOU WISH TO SELL?
- Then why not get her listed with us at Swanwick & take advantage of the following:
- Huge Free internet presence with full boat listing & pictures until sold
- Experienced staff available everyday including weekends
- Excellent location within the River Hamble for accessing boats for sale
- Sale handled completely by Sea Ventures staff right through to completion. Huge group data base of customers looking for your boat
- Your boat will be listed on our website plus Yachtworld.com, Boatshop24.co.uk, Boatshop24.com, boats.com, The YachtMarket.com, Rightboat.com, EYB, Boats and Outboards etc etc
- To obtain your ‘Sellers Pack’ please call us!
- We hope you will instruct us to conduct the sale of your boat. She will be examined by many of our visitors and we will work hard to sell her for you
*This price is based on today's currency conversion rate.