Here's a classic design yet modern construction steel hull, world cruising trawler for sale. She
is also a Great Loop veteran. Her first class construction includes a CAT main engine, bow
thruster, 20 kW generator and full electronics and safety gear. She's a very economical, safe
and comfortable passage maker designed after the Dutch and French Herring and coastal cargo
Luggers from the 1800's. Her builder applied the Metco galvanising process and finished her
with International Paints Epoxy commercial paint for easy maintenance and repairs. The sellers
enjoyed building and cruising their yacht so much, they are now designing their larger new build
and are now offering Rainbow Maker for sale while they cruise the East Coast and Bahamas.
Major price reduction for a quick sale!
Open the double screened aft main salon doors and you enter into a large, open, comfortable and
airy main salon. The pilothouse console is forward with the companionway to the lower deck
to starboard. The farm house like galley dining area below is incredibly light and airy with
deck light prisms, port lights and country style designing. For cooler climates, there is a working
wood stove aft. There is a stateroom forward with ensuite head and a guest stateroom aft with
starboard guest head. The work room is aft of this area leading to the engine room.
The forward stateroom is very bright and airy for a light comfortable feel. This stateroom has
port lights and overhead deck prisms for lots of natural light and ventilation. There is also a
desk, cabinetry and ensuite head.
The master stateroom is aft of the galley and also has lots of natural light and ventilation and
a queen size berth. The full head is across the hall.
The large, open and airy salon is on the main deck aft of the pilothouse area. The Canadian
maple interior and large side windows really keeps this area bright and comfortable, along with
the screened windows and doors for lots of natural ventilation.
The galley/dining area has a farmhouse kitchen feel with loads of natural light and ventilation
through port lights and deck light prisms. There is an office area aft and to port with seating also
to port and a real wood burning stove aft.
The master stateroom is located aft of the galley and to port with loads of natural light and
ventilation and a queen size berth. The head is across the hall to starboard.
The guest stateroom is located forward of the galley and has an ensuite head, port lights,
overhead deck prisms and a writing desk. This is a very light and airy stateroom.
There is a desk in the dining/galley area and in the fwd stateroom.
The pilothouse is located forward of the main salon on the main deck, which is a flush deck
layout. There is a full electronics console and chart table and a overhead hatch for light and
ventilation. The windows are heated.
A combo washer/dryer is located aft of the galley and master stateroom in the work room.
The spacious, covered aft deck allows good visibility and safe line handling.
Broker: Trevor Decker
Location: Gaspe, Quebec
- Raytheon R40XX Radar
- Raytheon Raychart 620 plotter
- Robertson AP20 autopilot
- Robertson RFC35R compass
- Raytheon Nav398 display
- Tri-Data ST-50 Depth, Log, Temp system
- Wagner magnetic compass
- Sailor RT144C VHF
- Raytheon 45 VHF
- Caterpillar instrument panel
- Raytheon 430 Loudhailer/intercom/fog signals
- Raytheon 398 GPS/Loran
- Wallvoil SV10 bowthruster control
- Carlisle & Finch search light
- Brydon pantographic windshield wipers
- Pulsar Clearview window screen with 40w heater
- 12v Surett 8D batteries (3 banks)
- 110vac system
- 20 Kw generator
- 2500w Xantrex charger/inverter
- Cat 3208T main engine (4085 hours - 2-6-08)(Serial #01Z07139 - 1986)
- Twin Disc MG5062V 2.51 to 1 gearbox
- Hytorq 4 blade propeller
- Onan L880185453 12 hp 20 kW generator (2306 hours - 2/6/08)
- Work room with tools fwd of engine room
- Duramax shaft seal
- Racor 900FG and R15S fuel filters
- Keypower KP12 25 hp hydraulic bowthruster
- Hawbold Industries dual anchor windlass
- Zeppelin RIB with Nissan NS25 25 hp outboard
Zepellin RIB with Nissan NS25 25 hp outboard
- 5 watertight bulkheads
- 3 electric Rule 3700 bilge pumps
- 4 ten pound ABC powder fire extinguishers
- 1 twenty pound ABC powder fire extinguisher
- Flares and flare gun
- Life ring with light and rope
- Double bottom from fwd collision bulkhead to engine room bulkhead
Ocean Yacht Sales Limited
115 Joseph Zatzman Drive
Dartmouth, NS B3B 1N3