Comprehensively refitted, upgraded and updated Sweden Yachts 45 with carbon Park Avenue boom, new decks, new paint, new electronics and so on. Add up the cost of recent works, and take away the hassle factor and CHRISTINA is arguably one of the best value SY45’s out there.
** New photos from June 2018 available - Please contact us for download link **
FURTHER BROKER’S COMMENTS:
CHRISTINA is a VERY special one-owner example of the popular Sweden Yachts 45 aft cockpit performance cruiser. Launched in 2003 as hull no.38 she was lightly cruised in the Med in her early years before heading up to Finland to lead an extremely sheltered life in recent years, being kept ashore and rig-out in a heated storage shed for 10 months of each year. Refitted, updated and upgraded with no regard to cost, she is without doubt one of the best Sweden Yachts 45’s we have ever had the pleasure to offer.
Her specification highlights include:-
CHRISTINA is now offered for sale simply as her owners are now struggling to find enough time to use her.
Hatched in 2003, this highly popular model is presented in immaculate condition with no expenses spared. Her inventory includes extensive sail wardrobe for both cruising and racing
For the last 7 years the boat has been kept 10 months / year in a heated boat shed and has been continuously upgraded and maintained to the highest level at the YBY yard in Finland.
Recent Refit works include:
Whenever we design a new yacht, we always strive to achieve the best possible sailing characteristics for a boat of that particular size. In this way, the Sweden Yachts 45 carries on and embellishes the proud heritage of Sweden Yachts. Every detail, from the shape of the hull to the design of the rig, works together as a harmonious whole, creating an unmatched yacht for serious sailing. Sail and rig handling have been simplified to minimise effort and add more pleasure to the whole sailing experience. The cockpit is ergonomically designed, giving the helmsman a relaxed, well-balanced environment even under really tough conditions in open sea, hard weather sailing.
The Sweden Yachts 45 is a fast yacht, very fast. The design team, Peter Norlin and Jens Östman, set out to create the most exciting 45-footer ever built. And owners agree that they have succeeded. “Sailing a Sweden Yachts 45 makes you feel good” is a frequent comment from owners and the lucky yachtsmen who have been invited on board for a test cruise. So it is no coincidence that the Sweden Yachts 45 was elected “Sailboat of the Year 2000” by the international yachting magazine SAIL.
It is hard to let go. Once you have taken the helm and set out on your first cruise in a Sweden Yachts 45, you will feel that your dreams have come true. The yacht behaves just as well on short, active racing tacks as it does cruising downwind on a sunny afternoon. The self-tacking jib is a great advantage, especially when short tacking under fresh, upwind conditions.
The cockpit is designed for maximum efficiency and comfort, both under sail and in harbour. The helm and the winches are positioned for exact operation with minimum effort. Wherever you sit in the cockpit, you are always comfortable. And you are seated on smooth-surfaced, top quality, hand-picked teak from sources who guarantee that the wood is grown under the control of environmental authorities. The whole cockpit layout is the result of constant development work, based on years of sailing experience, making it as near perfect as possible.
When you enter the spacious interior of a Sweden Yachts 45, you will understand the meaning of world-class joinery. Light or slightly darker mahogany, or other fine woods like teak and cherrywood are crafted into a complete interior. With inlaid woodwork details accentuating the whole effect. Superior craftsmanship is the keynote throughout. Every piece of wood is oil varnished five times before being fitted together into modules. The floorboards are carefully insulated to eliminate the slightest creaking. Upholstery is specified by the yacht owner, in a Scandinavian design concept based on the principle that “less is more”. The whole atmosphere is one of Nordic Light, the same magic light captured by Scandinavian painters at Skagen, Denmark, at the end of the 19th century. In short, the interior of a Sweden Yachts 45 is tailored to perfection, right down to the last detail.
A Sweden Yachts 45 is primarily built for sailing, but it is also a yacht for luxurious living afloat. Functionality and comfort rule the quarters below deck. The yacht is really spacious, with a roomy saloon for entertaining, three double cabins and two generous head compartments with shower. There is locker and stowage space aplenty, and space prepared for several custom-made glass and drinks cabinets. The galley itself would shame many a modern apartment for design, equipment and convenience. Everything, in fact, is planned and crafted to bring extra comfort and pleasure to your leisure on board the Sweden Yachts 45.
• The yacht is built to CE Boat Category A-ocean, with “Det Norske Veritas” as the Notified Body.
• End grain balsa core sandwich using fibreglass mat and rowing on both sides, gives a light, rigid and well insulated hull.
• Balsa core is used from toe rail to below water line.
• Solid laminate is used in high stress areas around keel, mast foot and in the joint between the hull-halves.
• Bottom reinforcements are longitudinal and transversal solid laminate design.
• The hull and deck is bonded together using polyester filler.
• The toe rail is then bolted through deck and hull flange, using a special sealing material.
• Volvo Penta original glass fibre bed, moulded integrally with the bottom reinforcement and filled with heavy ballast for maximum stability.
• Topsides painted in white Awlgrip - 2014
Deck & Superstructure Construction:
• End grain balsa core sandwich with moulded fibreglass on both sides.
• Stress areas where winches and major deck fittings are fixed, are reinforced by replacing the balsa core with plywood, or by using backing plates or large diameter washers depending on type of fitting.
• Teak deck is laid from 12mm first class teak ribs bonded to the deck with polyurethane, and secured
• by stainless steel screws. – Deck replaced 2011
• Expansion joints sealed with special silicone
• Teak in the cockpit.
Keel & Rudder:
• Ballast keel is lead casting with antimony.
• Cast-in keel bolts are stainless steel.
• Lifting lug is fastened to the keel bolts.
• The balanced spade rudder is moulded in fibreglass, using roving and mat, for maximum strength.
• The rudder stock is of stainless steel with two roller bearings.
Engine & gearbox:
• Volvo Penta TMD22 4 cylinder turbo-charged diesel engine producing 75hp
• Volvo MS150S Saildrive gearbox
• Freshwater engine cooling using raw water inlet and heat exchanger.
• Water-cooled exhaust system in reinforced rubber hose through silencer and appropriate fitting.
• Engine housing lifts on gas struts, with interior joinery finish, well insulated with pvc covered foam insulation to prevent oil spillage to impinge foam.
Maintenance & Performance:
• Date of last engine service: Engine serviced annually
• Turbo-charger replaced 2017
Propulsion & Steering:
• Pedestal steering with ‘Destroyer’ large diameter 52“ elkhide covered stainless steel wheel – Elkhide replaced 2014
• Volvo Penta single controller and instrument panel in cockpit.
• 4-bladed feathering propeller
• MAX Power Series 80 24vDC bowthruster with control at helm pedestal and removable cover-flaps for racing.
• Emergency steering gear
• 24vDC primary domestic system with 12vDC start circuit and 230v AC via shorepower or inverter
• 12vDC gel batteries for start and services – replaced 2015
• Total battery capacity 420Ah @ 24vDC (840Ah @ 12vDC)
Charging / Inverter:
• Mastervolt 50A battery charger for domestic batteries
• 1500w inverter
• Mastervolt MASS charger controller at chart table
• 50Amp 12vDC engine-mounted alternator for charging start battery
• 95Amp 24vDC engine-mounted alternator for charging service bank
• Charge regulator for 24vDC alternator
• 24/12v voltage converters
• Isolation transformer for shorepower connection
• Shorepower supply with ring main and 230v AC sockets in interior
• 12v sockets at chart table
• Circuit breakers with automatic fuses and indicator lamps for all individual circuits.
PLUMBING & GAS SYSTEMS
• 24vDC pressure system with pressure pump and accumulator tank
• Hot water supplied via engine cooling with 40 litre calorifier or via 230vAC immersion heater element from shore power
• Hot & cold pressurised water to galley, heads and shower at stern platform
• Manual fresh water supply at galley
• 24vDC Spectra reverse-osmosis watermaker producing approx 62 litres per hour
• Manual bilge pump in cockpit
• High capacity electric bilge pump with manual override at DC panel
• 2x 24vDC shower drain pumps
• Gas locker in separate drained compartment in cockpit with 2x 6lbs gas bottles and space for third bottle.
• Copper tubing, reduction valve for low pressure system, and shutoff valve
• All drains through hull with ball valve seacocks.
• Through bottom fittings and other piping fittings are brass.
• Double hose clamps on all through hull points.
• Hoses are of reinforced flexible PVC polyethylene
• 500 litres diesel capacity in 2x stainless steel tanks with inspection hatchs, filled from deck and ventilated from transom.
• Analogue Fuel tank level gauge at chart table
• 435 litres fresh water capacity in 2x stainless steel tanks located saloon searing with inspection hatches, filled from deck and ventilated
• Analogue water tank gauges at chart table
• Stainless steel black water holding tanks servicing forward and aft heads.
• Tanks discharge directly overboard or via deck evacuation point.
NAVIGATION & COMMUNICATION EQUIPMENT
• Raymarine E125 Hybrid Touch multifunction colour GPS radar chart plotter – 2015
• Raymarine digital closed-array radar scanner on transom pole - 2015
• 4x Raymarine i60/i70 wind and multi-repeaters at companionway – 2015
• 4x Raymarine mast-mounted multi-repeaters on bracket beneath gooseneck - 2015
• Suunto lit steering compass at helm pedestal
At Chart Table:
• Raymarine E125 Hybrid Touch multifunction colour GPS radar chart plotter – 2015
• Raymarine i60 wind display – 2015
• Raymarine i70 multi-repeater display - 2015
• Navtex ICS Nav6 Plus
• Shipmate RS8400 VHF with DSC and speaker in cockpit
• Icom M1 handheld VHF
• Nokia 6090 GSM telephone with masthead antenna
• Twin stainless steel sinks with single lever mixing tap.
• Manual fresh supply
• Force 10 4-burner gimballed gas cooker with oven
• 160 litre top-opening water-cooled fridge/freezer with 24vDC compressor
• Second front opening water-cooled (80 litre) fridge 24vDC compressor
• Electric heads in forward heads compartment - 2014
• Manual heads in aft heads compartment
• Heads showers with automatic temperature control and electric pump out
Heating & Ventilation:
• Eberspacher 5kw diesel-fired hot air heating system with outlets in all cabins, saloon, heads and wet locker.
• Ventilation consisting of opening skylights, dorade and opening portlights
• Engine space air extraction outlet into cockpit
• Dorade ventilators
• Ample overhead lights chromed bulkhead reading lights at settees and berths (LED in saloon)
• Pioneer stereo system with 4 x built-in speakers in saloon and 2 x waterproof speakers above companionway next to instruments in cockpit.
Summary of Accommodation:
• Aft cockpit layout with six full length berths in three double cabins plus one further saloon settee berth. Forward and aft day heads with showers.
• Marine grade waterproof core, faced with selected mahogany is used in all bulkheads and major joinery.
• Specially selected solid mahogany in frames and doors.
• Marine grade lauvan in bottoms, shelves etc where not visible.
• All main bulkheads bonded to hull and deck, using glass fibre and polyester.
• Ceiling, topsides and minor visible hull sides with foam backed vinyl.
• Hull sides, bottom, bilge, etc top-coated throughout the interior.
• Cabin sole teak with inlaid light wood stripes – revarnished 2014
• All mahogany is varnished with oil varnish in satin finish. Cabin sole teak is varnished.
• All hanging lockers equipped with aluminium tube with hooks and lights.
• Locker doors have snap locks and are hinged with chromed brass hinges.
• Cushions in high quality foam with first class upholstery.
• Blue Alcantara upholstery in saloon
• Whoite/Blue uphsolstery in accommodation cabins
• Blue Alcantara upholstery for chart seat
• Aft guest cabins – Lee cloths between berths
• Oceanair deckhead blinds and pleated blinds for side ports with roller blinds in aft cabin
• Non skid canvas protection covers for saloon and navstation
Description of Accommodation from Forward:
• Moulded bottom section drained by electric pump and moulded upper section.
• Separate shower stall with curtain.
• Teak shower grating.
• Stainless steel wash basin.
• Toilet with waste tank.
• Lockers above toilet and wash basin.
• Queen sized double berth to port
• Cabinets along port hull side.
• Drawer and cabinet under berth.
• Cabinets along hull side on SB side between hanging lockers forward and aft.
• Specially made internally sprung mattress.
• Lockable safety box underneath bed
• Dinette arrangement with table on port side. Bottle storage under table.
• Starboard side has table between main bulkhead and navstation with bookshelf, TV- and stereo space above.
• Large navigation table with stowage.
• Wooden, openable instrument panel for electronic equipment on hinges for easy service access.
• Electrical master panel included.
• Separate chart stowage in table.
• CD-Stereo system
• U-shaped galley.
• Corian counter top.
• 160l icebox in GRP with Plexiglas dividers between fridge and freezer area drained to a separate sump.
• 80l fridge cabinet
• Drawer section, cutting board, dry food locker.
• Gas stove with four burners and oven.
• Double overhead cupboards with built in microwave.
• Waste basket and storage below sink.
• Moulded compartment fitted between bulkheads.
• Two lockers with mirrored doors above wash basin unit.
• Fitted mirror in forward sections.
• Recess for toilet with foldaway extra seat.
• Teak shower grating.
• Shower drained by electric pump.
• Towel hangers
• Doors to main cabin and to port aft cabin.
• Equal aft cabins with large double berths.
• Hanging lockers with seat.
• Cabinet above bed along hull side.
• Shelfs at aft end of beds.
• Door to main saloon from starboard and port guest cabins.
• Ensuite heads access for port guest cabin.
• Seldén, white painted aluminium alloy oval section – repainted 2014
• Double swept back spreaders in aluminium.
• All halyards are internal.
• Trysail- and Spinnaker pole track.
• Offshore Spars Parkavenue carbon fibre boom with single line reefing system and outhaul internally
• in boom – 2009 – repainted 2014
• Stainless steel custom gooseneck - 2014
• Lines lead to cockpit winches.
• Harken headsail furler – 2014
• Harken genoa tracks and cars – 2014
• Harken deck gear - 2011
• Spinlock jammers
• Navtec manual hydraulic panel fitted on inside of transom which operates Backstay and Vang
• Hydraulic (Navtec) vang – 2009
• Hydraulic (Navtec) backstay
• Carbon fibre Selden Spi-boom painted white, covered with elkhide around the ends (Elkhide replaced 2014)
• All standing rigging has been replaced from wire to rod (in 2012)
• Check stays in 6 mm aramid with tails in spectra - 2014
• All turnbuckles are Lloyds approved Hasselfors forged stainless steel. 5 off 5/8" and 3 off 1/2".
• Gottifredi Maffioli running rigging with Tylaska shackles – 2015
• Custom made removable bowsprit - 2014
• 2x Andersen 52ST 2-speed electric primary winches
• 2x Andersen 46ST 2-speed control line winches
• 2x Andersen 46ST 2-speed mainsheet winches
• All sails have been kept at the North Sails loft in Turku, Finland and inspected and maintained annually.
Cruising Sails (Condition marked A-C):
• Main Sail, Full Batten, 3DL North Sails 2017, A
• Main Sail, Full Batten, 3DL North Sails 2008, B
• Jib, 3DL North Sails 2003, B
• Jib, 3DL North Sails 2008, A
• Genoa, 3DL North Sails 2003, C
• Genoa, 3DL North Sails 2015, A
• A4, North Sails 2016, A
• A4, North Sails 2003 (including snuffer) B
• Code 2, North Sails 2015, A
• Trysail, North Sails 2003, A
• Storm Jib, North Sails 2008, A
Racing Sails (Condition marked A-C):-
• Main Sails, Full Batten, Carbon 3DL North Sails 2012, A
• Genoa Nr 1, 150% 3DL Carbon, North Sails 2012, A
• Genoa Nr 2, 140% 3DL Carbon, North Sails 2012, A
• Genoa Nr 3, 105% 3DL Carbon, North Sails 2012, A
• S1, North Sails 2012, A
• S2, North Sails 2004, B
• S3, North Sails 2012, A
• S4, North Sails 2012, A
• Double lifelines with gates in lifelines each side amidship and on transom.
• Stainless steel radar post mounted on transom.
• Gangway fitting on transom.
• Transom opens up to provide a platform for swimming or for launching the dinghy.
• Stowage lockers on both sides with built in lights.
• LED lights on boom above cockpit table.
• Mulitplex Carbonfibre 3.4m folding gangway with bag and hoisting system
• Cockpit table (2 fold)
• Large Lewmar hatch to forward cabin, main cabin, and forward toilet. Small hatches to aft cabins – replaced 2014
• Plexiglas companionway sliding hatch, and washboard – replaced 2017
Anchoring & Mooring:
• Lewmar 24vDC 1,000w reversing electric anchor windlass with control at helm pedestal
• CQR anchor with 60m of 8mm chain
• Kedge anchor with rope
• 2x cleats on aft deck, 2x cleats amidship and 2 x cleats on bow.
• Starboard stowage locker has 56m Anchorolina with lockable hook fitted inside.
• 8x Fenders and 6x warps
Covers, Cushions & Canvas:
• Sprayhood over entrance hatch stowed flush - 2015
• Boom cover - 2015
• Custom covers made for : winches, liferaft, wheel, hatches - 2015
• Awning – attaches to Parkavenue boom - 2015
• Cockpit cushions
Tender & Outboard:
• Zodiac 340FR dinghy
• 8HP Yamaha outboard (outboard storage bracket in starboard lazzarette)
General note on safety equipment: Any safety equipment such as liferafts, Epirbs, fire extinguishers and flares etc. are usually personal to the current owner(s) and if being left on-board as part of the sale of a used vessel may require routine servicing, replacement, or changing to meet a new owners specific needs.
• LED Navigation lights – 2014
• Medical kit
• Solas Autoflug 8 Person Liferaft with craddle on deck midship
• 8 Crewsaver Automatic 150N Lifejackets
• Jackstays on deck for lifelines
• 2 x fire extinguishers
• Spare steering system
• Sling for single-point liftout
Lying Kokkola, Finland
Available to view strictly by appointment
Office Hours Mon- Fri 0900 – 17.00
Saturday by prior appointment
For more information or to arrange a viewing please contact us.
Please Note: Due to the varying locations of our yachts, your travel time and the distances that may be involved, we recommend that you only make arrangements to view if you are actively considering purchase.
Tel: +44 (0)1590 673715 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Grabau International offers the details of all vessels in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information or warranty the condition of any vessel and the details do not constitute a part of any contract. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. All vessels are offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice. Grabau International provides professional yacht conveyancing and legal transfer of title for all yachts as per the ABYA Code of Practice with all deposit payments and final balance payments processed through secure dedicated client accounts solely for that purpose. Our dedicated client accounts are written in trust at Natwest Bank and we are fully insured.
82 Gosport Street , Hampshire
Lymington, Hampshire SO41 9BD