2006 Bavaria 39 Cruiser ASYLUM
Asylum is perfectly customized for the cruising couple.. and for entertaining guests as well. This immaculately cared for boat would pass for two years old in a boat show! Continual updates and improvements make putting an offer on this boat anything but crazy...
Inside you'll find a customized king size 8' V-berth owners cabin with private head. The recently refinished rich mahogany interior and brand new salon cushions are illuminated by six opening hull ports, two large Lemar deck hatches and two skylights. Three cabins overall, double berth aft port, single aft starboard.
The cockpit is just as special. A custom raised dodger with bridge to a full Bimini, custom Bottom-Sider cushions and a folding wheel provide comfort and visibility. When needed, full wrap-around vinyl glass curtains will keep you dry in the biggest downpours.
So comfortable, AND so well equipped. You won?t find this combinationon any 40 boat...
- 8 kW Kohler generator
- Splendide washing machine
- Spectra watermaker (Ventura 1500 with spare parts)
- Vetus bow thruster
- 55hp Volvo Penta diesel (oversized)
- two Cruisair air conditioners
- new Waeco freezer
- Kato Davits
- Forespar whisker pole
- deck washdown
And that?s just for starters. ( ...keep reading) Instrumentation and electronics:
Electrical system includes:
- Raymarine ST6001 Autopilot with spare electric arm!
- Raymarine hybridtouch es9 chartplotter. New 2018
- Raymarine DSM 300 Sonar
- Raymarine ST60 tridata log, depth, speed
- Raymarine ST60 wind direction, speed
- Standard Horizon Matrix AIS+ GX2150 VHF and AIS receiver
- Icom IC-M892 SSB
- Mcmurdo 406GPS EPIRB
- Two flat screen TVs, one with internal DVD player
- Pyle digital media receiver (stereo) with two zone speakers
- Six (6) Duracell 6V deep cycle batteries for the house bank, 660 AH total (new, 2017)
- One (1) Duralast 12V battery 810 CCA for the engine (new 2017)
- Two (2) KCM135 Kyrocera solar panels mounted on Bimini, produce approx 95 AH per day
- Xantrex TureCharge2 40 amp battery charger
- Victron BMV-702 battery monitor system new 2016
- Blue Sky SolR Boost 2512x
- Blue Sky IPN remote
- 80 amp alternator on engine
- LED lights in interior
- 5 cabin fans
- LED cockpit light strip on Bimini controlled from cockpit and at chart table.
- Rocna 20KG with 250 feet of 5/16 chain. (You will love this anchor)
- Lewmar Windless (with spare onboard)
- Fortress with 210? of rode
- Deck washdown system in anchor locker can pump freshwater or seawater.
- Volvo Penta D2-55C diesel. 55hp powers through sloppy seas. Makes a huge difference when motoring to windward. Approx 1950 hours on engine. Oil changed every 100 hours.
- .75/g/h at 1800 RPM
- Flex-a-fold folding prop
- Saildrive. Bellows replaced 2014
- 55 gallon diesel tank capacity. (clean) Plus three jerry jugs on deck.
- Side by side dual Racor filter/ water separator units with individual shut offs.
- Custom dodger and Bimini with full wrap around side and back plexi curtains and screens
- Full custom Bottom-Sider cockpit cushions and captains chair
- Folding wheel at helm
- Heavy duty KATO davits
- Forespar whisker pole and on mast track system
- Fenders and docklines
- Standing rigging replaced prior to ocean crossing 2014
- Lifelines replaced prior to ocean crossing 2014
- Magma LPG BBQ
- Deck lights, nav lights
- MISEA TriAnchor masthead tri-color nav lights/ anchor light
- AVON 6 person liferaft inspected 2017
- Switlik MOM8-A Man Overboard Module
- Lifesling2 Overboard Rescue System
- AB 10' aluminum floor inflatable dinghy, new 2016
- Yamaha 15 hp 2-stroke outboard. (Runs great)
- Custom companionway doors
- Seldon mast and boom
- Seldon Rodkicker boom Vang
- In mast furling for mainsail
- Furlex roller furling for jib
- All sheets controlled in cockpit. Two (2) #40 Lewmar winches under dodger, two (2) #44 Lewmar winches in cockpit
- EIvstrom Sobstad Cruising sails. Very good condion. New sunbrella on jib 2018.
- Custom owners suite. V-berth extension makes it 8 feet long with custom mattress.
- Double berth aft port, single aft starboard.
- New salon cushions 2018
- Rich mahogany woodwork, refinished 2014
- Two full heads, one with separate shower stall.
- Custom chartholder/garbage bin
- Two flat screen TV monitors (w/DVD in V-berth)
- Two CruisAir air conditioners with spare water pump
- 95 gallon water tank capacity (clean)
- Dehumidifier (110AC for off season humidity control)
And of course,
Miscellaneous tools, spare parts, and loads of filters, fuses, and bulbs. Everything you would need to have on hand prior to a major crossing..
Asylum is an exceptionally well maintained private, never chartered vessel kept in impeccable condition by her fastidious owners that are anal beyond belief. (Thereby the name Asylum) She has sailed up the east coast and was shipped by Dockwise to the Mediterranean, where she spent two summers. Her owners "doublehanded" her back to the Caribbean with the ARC+ rally. She is a proven sea worthy vessel, and is cruising ready in every sense of the term, a truly exceptional offering worth serious consideration!