An uncompromising quality built yacht in carbon, the Marten 49 cruises in style and races with exhilarating competitiveness. This boat has substantial extras fitted beyond the standard package, such as teak decks, cruising and racing sails and electronic upgrades. The timber interior is exceptional and in pristine condition. To prepare for Hamilton she has been fitted with a brand new suite of North sails, new rod rigging and all new Dyneema and Spectra running rigging. Full Cat 2 new safety gear and a bare hull repaint. This boat has been meticulously maintained and fully upgraded. Because of their exceptional build and design, Marten 49's retain their appeal and their value and this has to be the best example of all of them.
Make Marten Yachts
Hull Material Carbon
Vessel Name Yarrandi
Launch Year 2008
Draft 2.1 up 3.7 down
Displacement 10,250 Kg
Deck material Carbon / foam core composite
Keel/balast Hydraulic lifting keel with lead bulb 4600kg
Designer Reichel Pugh/Marten Yachts Builder Marten Yachts
Number of Engines 1
Engine Hours 85
Fuel Capacity 170 Lt
Fuel Type Diesel
Maximun Speed 9.5 knots
Propulsion 3 blade Gori folding prop 20 x 14 3LHS. New August 2016
Full Cat 3 compliant gear including new life raft
16Kg Delta 50m 10mm chain + 30m 16mm warp Plus 10m +65m. Muir, VR 125 120x10 , new October 2015. Wired remote.
Electric winch for continuous Mainsheet
Electric coachouse winches.
Winches serviced December 2017
Batteries: 3 x 200ah sealed glass mat house batteries.
1 X 100ah engine
Battery monitor: Yes
Battery charger: Yes
Inverter: Mastervolt inverter new Dec 2012
Instruments / Navigation
B & G H3000, displays at nav station, both helms, and 3 20/20 displays on mast.
B&G 3000 autopilot.
Raymarine E120 GPS Chartplotter.
Radio and Comms:
Wiring and Antenna rigged for HF.
W25 mobile receiver, with booster, router, modem and handset phone
Cruising Mainsail (reduced area)
racing Mainsail (North 3Di 1 reef. 7/2018)
Cruising furling Jib and furling foil/ furlers etc
Race Light/ Medium (North 3Di 7/2018)
Race Medium/ Heavy (North 3Di 7/2018)
J3.5 Heavy jib (North 3Di 7/2018)
A1.5 light spinnaker (North 7/2018)
A3 Fractional Asymmetrical with snuffer
A4 Fractional running spinnaker
S2 and S4 Symmetrical spinnakers (North 7/2018)
Code Zero (North 7/2018)
Older sails: variety of older race sails Trysail and storm jib
2 spreader fractional rig
Carbon Mast and boom.
New Rod rigging.
New running rigging.
Carbon Bowsprit pole for Gennaker.
A list of some features and extras on ‘Yarrandi’
-HF antenna, HF earthing and wired into the nav seat, ready to go for a new radio receiver.
-2 sets of chain and warp. One for racing 10mm x 10m chain, 16mm x 65m warp, plus a cruising one
which is currently on it being, 10mm x 50m chain and 16mm x 30m warp. (Warp lengths are
- Furling jib unit plus a regular tuff luff. The top of the furling unit just drops down when not in use.
- At the bow there is salt water (high pressure) and fresh water (low pressure) available.
- Anchor has a wired remote control
- Two sets of two mast steps
- Lazy jacks
- Carbon rub strips for mooring lines
- 9 extra pad eyes for safety attachments
- Teak deck and cockpit
- 6 pop up mooring cleats
- A set of cabin top handrails
- W25 mobile receiver, modem / router and handset phone
- Booster antenna
- Conduit laid from aft lazarette to nav desk for any future telecomm upgrades
- Owner’s bunk base on gas struts to large storage.
- Fan in owner’s cabin
- Saloon stool
- Fridge, freezer and microwave
- 240V outlets in all cabins and saloon
-Cockpit pedestal lights
- Extra veneer on walls
- 2 windows in the hull for light into the saloon
- Extra alternator allows for rapid charging
- 3 blade Gori prop
- 12V outlet in cockpit
- Gas outlet in cockpit (above engine hrs meter)
- Cockpit speakers
- Cockpit table, solid timber with SS pedestal
- 2 extra opening hatches, one in each aft cabin for flow through ventilation
- Gas sensor in lazarette and saloon
- Foot chocks in cockpit at helm and main sheet
- Salt water pump in galley
- Extra fuel shut off linkage near fuel tank (cat 2)
- Washboards designed for cat 2
- Washboard storage on wall in aft port cabin