This J/95 is fully set up for family day sailing, modest overnight sleeping, or racing.
Mainsail - North 3DL 860 carbon/aramid (2015)
155% jib - North 3DL 680 carbon/aramid (2012)
106% jib = North 3DL 860 carbon/aramid (2016)
Asymmetric spinnaker A1.5 - AirX 600N (2015)
Asymmetric spinnaker A4 - AirX 700 (new)
all B&G, new in 2017:
Zeus 3 chartplotter (7")
Triton 2 displays (two on cabin plus two on mast)
Depth sensor (separate from speedo)
Please feel free to call me on the cell phone 410-310-3476, text, or e-mail me at any time if you have any questions or there is anything else I can do for you.
Pictures and more information will be coming SOON!
This is a new Listing but aggressively priced to sell.
I've raced on this boat and It can really fly!
It's already won races in the local fleet.
Call soon. It could very well be gone if you wait.
This elegant 31 foot design offers an exciting level of sailing joy, and broadens the daysailing and weekending horizons of those living on the many shallow bays of New England, the Cape, Great South Bay, the Jersey Shore and Chesapeake, Low Country of Georgia and the Carolinas, the Intracoastal, Bahamas, Florida Keys, the Gulf Coast, inland lakes of the Mid & South West and estuaries of Northern California and the Pacific Northwest.
Because it's a J Boat, you know the J/95 will be a great sailing and seaworthy boat in any depth of water. The latest in modern hull design with long waterline is combined with a carbon fiber mast and low VCG (vertical center of gravity) lead keel containing a fully retractable centerboard. The result is an exceptionally fast and stable boat capable of sailing in 3 feet of water. J/95 will outperform existing, deeper-draft keel dayboats of the retro "pretty" genre by a wide margin and in many cases at a fraction of the cost.
The J/95 offers the best of both worlds. Now you can moor a beautiful yacht off the end of your dock without having to limit how far you can sail in a day. The J/95 features a comfortable T-shaped cockpit (the same size as the 40 foot J/122) with removable transom locker; wheel steering; a retractable bow sprit in a hidden housing for some downwind fun with masthead asymmetric spinnaker; two berths for the occasional overnight adventure; enclosed marine head; and a 15 hp diesel auxiliary saildrive to get you home if the wind dies. J/95 is unique in that it's designed to sail well on all points whether in "shoal" mode with board up or in "deep" mode with the board down. When one does run aground (and almost all boats eventually do), the center board will pivot up creating potentially far less damage than what would be expected with a deep keel or vertical dagger board grounding.
Not since the introduction of the J/22 in 1983 has such an exciting new keelboat been available to sailors who live near shoal water areas. These areas are simply not reachable with most keelboats, let alone one that looks and performs so beautifully.
J/95 restores an American yachting tradition, dating back to the 1800’s, of fast centerboarders that were as much at home navigating shoal inland waters as they were crossing oceans. Remember the Baltimore Clippers? As late as the 1960’s, centerboarders dominated offshore racing under the Cruising Club of America (CCA) Rating Rule. Carlton Mitchell’s Finisterre won the Bermuda Race an unprecedented 3 times. In the 50 years since, great strides have been made in hull design, lighter/stiffer rigs, high-tech sails and advancements in cored composite construction. J/95 combines the best of tradition with modern technology and is quality-built in the USA!
For the first time, many sailors will be able to keep a good-looking boat in front of their homes. J/95 has the capability of broadening a day’s sailing range by 5-10 miles. That includes venturing safely outside of inlets into open water... even staying dry and comfortable when a 20-knot sea breeze kicks in. J/95’s large cockpit, the privacy of its enclosed marine head and the convenience of returning home under power if the wind dies, make picnic day sails more appealing to
family and friends. Sailing is at its best when the joy can be shared. J/95 has the versatility and the qualities to optimize your sailing experience over a longer season, closer to home.It’s about time.
When you think of all the wonderful places to sail where the water is shallow, it’s surprising that a boat like this hasn’t come along earlier. While the new J/95 can expand one’s joy of sailing just about anywhere... it should be particularly welcomed on the many shoal water bays of Cape Cod, Great South Bay, Barnegat Bay, Chesapeake Bay, the Low Country of Georgia and the Carolinas, the Bahamas, Florida Keys, the Gulf Coast from Florida to Texas, Inland Lakes, and on the Estuaries of N. California and Pacific NW. As is the case with many family-friendly J Boats, don’t be surprised if J/95 one-design fleets begin to appear in a year or two.Sailing's First Triple-Crown Winner.
Read more what these independent, professional reviewers had to say about J/95 and why this sailboat can provide you the ultimate in sailing freedom! See the Awards and more information in Article/ Reviews.
• Varnished full length teak rails.
• Low maintenance custom stainless handrails on cabin house.
• Self-tailing winches mounted on cockpit coamings.
• Self-tailing winches mounted beside companionway.
• Triple deck organizers.
• Two winch handles.
• Two winch handle holders.
• Custom stainless fabricated mast collar with halyard attachment bar.
• 6 mast collar turning blocks
• Two pin stop cars on jib T-tracks with cheek blocks mounted on cockpit coaming forward of winches.
• Floor mounted mainsheet traveler track with 4:1 traveler control system leading to cockpit vertical wall to cam cleats.
• 5:1 Mainsheet purchase system leading to swivel cam base on a custom SS riser mounted on centerline aft of the traveler.
• 10:1 fine tune adjustment system.
• Four 8” SS cleats.
• Interior ventilation from two opening ports in sides of cabin trunk and offshore style forward skylight deck hatch above V-berth. (option for 2 add’l cockpit opening ports).
• Companionway opening with SS covered PVC slider tracks, large gutter drains, molded seahood with sliding cover.
• Acrylic offshore removable drop-board with inside/outside lockable hasp.
• Cockpit operated manual bilge pump operable from the helm position with SS transom exhaust fitting.
• Two polypropylene mesh line bags for halyard and sheet line tail storage.
• Custom designed and fabricated SS chainplates, stemhead and backstay fittings.
• Four folding padeyes for attachment points of spinnaker blocks.
• Custom SS bow and stern rails with integral navigation lights.
• SS removable stanchions with double lifelines P&S and at transom.
(Note: the current owner uses a handheld VHF Radio which is not included with the sale of the boat)
• 14 HP engine with saildrive and 15” geared folding propeller.
• Engine instrument panel with tachometer, engine hour gauge and water, oil pressure alarms and separate fuel gauge in cockpit with acrylic splash cover.
• Engine throttle control with neutral safety switch.
• Waterlock muffler with exhaust run aft to SS transom exhaust fitting.
• 15 gal fuel tank with baffles & inspection port.
• Manual & Electric bilge pumps.
• One AGM Group 27 battery (option for 2nd battery).
• 12V DC On/Off battery switch.
• 12V DC electrical distribution panel w/ 8 circuit breakers.
• Navigation & steaming lights.
• UL approved stranded, tinned copper ABYC color-coded wiring.
• Bonding system to meet ABYC regulations.
• Two swiveling reading lights in main cabin.
• Two red/white dome lights.
• Automatic electric bilge pump and panel switch for manual operation.
• Off White main bulkhead with varnished teak trim, teak oval door opening with white door. • Teak and holly synthetic high-wear cabin sole in main cabin and head.
• Teak trimmed storage bins outboard of each settee berth seat back.
• Igloo Cooler
• Raritan PH-II marine head with 14 gal holding tank and "Y" valve.
• Molded sink with overboard drain in head.
• Choice of fabrics for settee cushions.
• Vinyl liner finish on main cabin & head overhead and main cabin hull sides. Air dry gelcoat finish on hull sides in head and V-berth area and aft storage lockers
7330 Edgewood Road Suite 1
Annapolis, MD 21403