An Active Sportsmans Boat with Class!!!
Why wait for a new build when you can go turn key? This MJM 40z Downeast model is in very good condition, low hours, and has been stored indoors nearly the entire time since it was new! She is equipped with The larger Volvo 435HP IPS 600 package and with warranty until 4/27/2021. The Seakeeper 5 provides a comfortable ride while underway, and at anchor. One can expect 40 Kts wide open or comfortably cruise at 30, while burning very little fuel. She is easily maneuvered with the Joystick and DPS.
Hold PLZ is a well thought out, highly optioned 40z that has a great 360' view, with the one level cockpit and helm deck. A great family boat, which keeps everyone together. A great boat to enjoy at the beach or the Yacht Club. There are roll up strato-glass enclosures on the sides, which offers great airflow, and access to line handling, if you operate single handed. Nice side loading doors both port and starboard makes for easy boarding. The cockpit bimini top provides your guests with shade, but can easily be stowed or removed. There is ample storage through out.
Below deck is a well appointed galley, dinette, master berth, stand up shower, and head. The convertible dinette, double as a second bed, with a privacy curtain.
The hull is painted Majestic Blue, Doug Zern Design, modified V with white topsides and beige antiskid. The 40Z is built at Boston Boatworks, constructed of Kevlar / E-glass, and vacuum infused Corecell; boasting a Certified ISO CE Mark Class A rating.
The primary design goal for the 40z was to create a 40 foot powerboat that would handle like a 30-footer at idle speeds in tricky docking situations. The Volvo-Penta IPS joystick control technology makes this goal a reality. The IPS system works with twin pod drives under the hull . When conventional twin-engine controls are in neutral, a single joystick takes over with fingertip control. There are no thrusters. Through a unique computer program, each drive unit is independently operated in terms of direction, rpm and forward-reverse gear. This system works far more intuitively than conventional twin shaft drives or joystick/thruster operated jet drives.
-Side-opening doors (P&S) overcome a common problem, getting aboard or getting off when handling docklines.
- Single-level seating for as many as 15 at cocktail time or for a family picnic
- Roll-up side/aft curtains and fully-opening windshields to regulate airflow in the pilothouse to suit conditions.
- Large (60x78) island berth and separate shower in owner stateroom.
- Two convertible guest cabins, one with dinette option.
- 40z can be trucked overland without penalty. Width doesn’t exceed 12 feet and height on a trailer is less than 13.5 feet.
Awlcraft 2000 on Topsides
Contrasting anti skid
Micron Bottom Paint with Velox on drive, propspeed on propellers
Electric Power windshield
Stidd 36" Wide 500W Recliner Piloting Seats (2) on adjustable Swivel Base
Pilot House Sunscreen with Privacy Curtains (2)Side roll ups (6) end hang up with storage bag
Low maintenance synthetic teak through out
Twin Volvo 435 HP IPS 600 in lieu of standard
Northern lights 6KW 1800 rpm 3 cylinder generator
Aft Cockpit Bimini Top with Boot and new tension levers
2 zone 16000 BTU MarineAir Air conditioning systems
22"LED HDTV, Fusion DVD connetion amplifier & external speaker in Salon
32" dropdown Smart HDTV with WiFi streaming, Fusion AV connection in pilot house
Glomex HDTV Digital Local TV antenna with Motorola Signal Booster
Sirius SR6 Satellite Weather
Barnegat LED Hull headlights as well as standard cockpit.
Hella Turbo Fansover forepeak berth and Salon settee
Wave Wifi Rogue web base interface
Lumishore underwater lights
Modified deep-V, offshore hull design with sharp entry and moderate beam having dual lifting strakes, chine flats, 19-degree transom deadrise carried forward 13 feet, for stability at rest, a dry ride and level acceleration.
• Hull, cove and chine stripe in Awlcraft 2000 color of choice w/3 coats of clear for abrasion repair.
• ISO (CE Mark) Certified for Ocean Category A use and further engineered to meet ISO structural standards for a vessel capable of 45 knots in 21 ft. seas.
• “Quiet Chine” modification to dampen wave slap.
• Exceptionally strong & light composite construction. Steel rollers outside the mold pre-impregnate stitched biaxial E-glass/Kevlar material under great pressure with Gougeon slow-set epoxy to a 60:40 ratio (glass to epoxy ratio). Damp, compressed material is transferred to and layered into the mold with 1” CoreCell closed-cell foam core then vacuum-bagged to 14.7 psi to compress/bond the laminate and eliminate air voids prior to post-curing at 145F for 48 hours.
• Solid keel, stem, and transom corners backed by a structural grid using unidirectional E-glass/epoxy GRP to minimize damage from impact. • Reinforcing of thru-hull and hardware attachments areas with solid glass or Penske-Board.
• Side entry doors onto cockpit sole (2)
• Transom door to swim platform.
• Transferable 10-year osmotic blister warranty.
• Bilges painted with smooth, gloss-white finish.
• PVC guardrail and quarter-guard with high-polish stainless steel rub strips.
• Pompanette hull opening ports (4) in forward cabin and main saloon w/screens & shades.
• Corian counter-top with framed and paneled cherry cabinetry with push-button locks & drawer handles and upper storage cabinets with offset inner shelf.
• Recessed polished SS sink with removable Corian cover and Scanvik pullout faucet.
• Flatware & utensil drawers (3) w/Rubbermaid organizer.
• Stainless Vitrofrigo 5.5 cu. ft. 2-drawer reefer/reefer.
• Indel B153 Freezer w/4 ice trays in lieu of previous dish drying compartment.
• Dry goods cabinet w/sliding doors and intermediate shelf running length of galley w/LED lighting under.
• Chinaware & glass storage and rinsing compartment outboard of sink with drain & vent.
• Under counter storage locker for large pots/pans and cleaning supplies.
• Flip lid access panel to large Rubbermaid trash bin.
• Overhead safety handrail and towel drying bar.
• Ceramic 2-burner electric stove w/pop-up retainers.
• Sharp Double Grill 5-Way Convection Oven.
• Double stainless hooks for hotpads and dishtowels.
• Extended shelf with grab-rail fiddle above galley suitable for chart storage, cutting boards, etc.
• The portside combination head/shower is accessible from either forward or main cabin.
• Corian counter with polished stainless oval sink having mixer valve spigot and pullout flexible hose with soft-spray to use as second shower.
• Paneled cherry storage locker outboard with sliding doors and towel storage shelf above.
• Full-length mirrors inside door.
• Locker under sink w/stainless TP holder
• Towel rings and hooks.
• Vent hatch and portlight.
• Floor drain to gray water overboard system.
• Separate stall shower to starboard with seat as well as towel & toiletry storage bin outboard.
• Wall mounted Scanvik shower hose w/turnoff.
• Shaving mirror. • Towel rings and bathing suit hooks.
• Opening vent hatch & portlight w/screens & shades
• Floor drain to gray water overboard system.
• Spacious dinette table lowers with electronic control to form 40-44” wide, 78” long berth. Heavy opaque linen curtain anchors to ceiling to form private double cabin with vertical zipper entry. 5” UltraLeather covered memory foam insert is stored in vinyl bag.
• Large hull opening ports (2) with screens, skylight hatches (2) and cabin portlights (2) to maximize ventilation, sense of space and light.
• The companionway is designed for safety to function like a normal stairway with stainless grab rails and only 2 steps w/shoe locker & tool storage under.
• Headroom of 6’4” on centerline.
• Clear Awlgrip gloss-finished teak & holly cabin sole with storage compartment for large plastic bins.
• Off-white Nevamar HPL paneling with cherry trim with foam backed vinyl headliner & satin-varnished cherry ceiling battens.
• Access door to dual entry head with integral shower.
• Fixed 78”x 60” island berth having Latex memory foam mattress covered in durable, water resistant quilted Ultra- Leather.
• Storage drawers (4) and below-berth storage bin.
• Storage shelves over berth (P&S) also serve as handholds when rising from berth.
• Framed cherry wood forward bulkhead with recessed bookcases (2) and double access doors to large forepeak anchor locker.
• Combination bureau/entertainment center with cabinet, drawer & shoe locker, Corian counter and upper storage shelf. 26” Flatscreen TV option would be mounted in lieu of cabinet door.
• Hanging locker to port with storage shelf over.
• Private access to head and ensuite shower.
• Stainless double-hooks (3) for clothing
• Dressing mirror on forward face of entry door.
• High-tech composite construction under vacuum using oven post-cured epoxy impregnated, stitched biaxial E-glass with a 1” Alcan Airex C70 cross-linked, closed-cell PVC foam core.
• Cook “Armor Flex” off-white gelcoat deck w/sandtextured non-skid. Color optional.
• Molded swim platform with recessed dinghy cleats.
• Custom Armstrong single post w/treads stainless swim ladder & grab handle.
• Hardware areas reinforced with solid glass, high compression Penske Board.
• Backing plates for cleats and stanchions are epoxy G10 pressure- laminated composite.
• Hull and deck fused together as monocoque structure with methacrylate adhesive with shear strength of 3,000 lbs. per square inch and with mechanical fasteners on 8-10” centers.
• 316L SS handrails (17) on pilothouse corner posts, hardtop, cabin top, under hardtop, on aft seat backs, galley overhead, outboard on console and either side of companionway entrance.
• 29” cockpit guardrail of 1.25” round stainless.
• 24” bow rail of 1.25” 316L stainless with 400,000 c.p. spotlight and varnished staff for 16” burgee hoist.
• NEW in 2016 Stainless welds throughout are blended and polished.
• 3’x5’ National flag with teak staff and retainer pin.
• Varnished teak burgee flagstaff on bow pulpit
• Muir anchor windlass with deck and cockpit controls
• Auto-launching polished stainless Lewmar claw anchor w/250’ of rode and 25’ of stainless chain.
• Fresh water anchor and rode washer control at helm.
• 40' black braided 5/8” docklines (5) and fenders (4) with black fleece covers and air pump.
• Polished stainless steel bow guard
• Molded Downeast Style windshield frame & hardtop
• Convertible pilothouse enclosed by un-zip-and-rollup-in-place, Strataglas windows with Stamoid border. • Entry panel to cockpit w/dual window/screen
• Deck drains divert dirt/soot/dew/rain into gray water system and out transom...not onto topsides.
• Custom SS multi-directional bow chocks (2).
• Engine room access hatches (3) with scuppers, overboard drains, gaskets and lockdowns. Main hatch has electric operated lift arm and manual back up.
• Utility room access hatch in pilothouse with custom Armstrong telescoping ladder.
• Varnished teak storage drawers w/locks under piloting seats.
• Large pilothouse settee lockers P&S w/pistonactivated lockable lids, vinyl flooring and mesh organizer bags for power cords, hoses, bikes, hard luggage, dinghy and/or golf club storage.
• Cockpit seat lockers (P&S) for docklines, fenders, cleaning supplies and lubricants with UltraLeather back & bottom cushions.
• 36x16 single-leaf gloss-varnished teak table with fiddles w/pilothouse & cockpit sockets. Opens to 32”.
• Pilothouse settees w/UltraLeather covered natural latex, memory-foam bottom cushions...convert to 6.5- foot berths.
• Drink holders (6) at piloting seats and transom seat
• 8 Lewmar overhead deck hatches in forward cabin (2), head, shower, main saloon (2) and over piloting chairs (2)...all with Ocean dual action shade-screens.
• 6 Cabin trunk opening ports w/screens in forward cabin, head, shower, galley and saloon.
• Ocean Air combination screen/shades on hatches and pull shades on portlights.
• Gloss-varnished, paneled & louvered, lockable (from inside & out) sliding teak companionway door with 4- section hinged cover with chartbook retainer fiddle.
• Removable Transom Seat with UltraLeather bolstered cushions having an easily removable 50z- style stainless framed chair to starboard in way of the transom door and a removable panel to port.
• Matched Stidd 500 Wide Admiral low-back, 30” wide, recliner piloting chairs in UltraLeather. Piloting chairs have swiveling bases and telescoping feature that lowers chair to create a comfortable all-weather inside social seating for 8 persons.
• 24” Edson destroyer wheel with varnished teak rim
• Fully-opening windshields (3) w/wipers & washers giving (a) exceptional ventilation in warm climates and (b) unrestricted visibility in fog or at night
• Bi-level instrument console with gray anti-glare
• Navigation station to port with angled 27x17 surface
•Jabsco 400,000cp bowrail-mounted halogen spotlight
• Kahlenberg D-OA air horn w/auto fog and anchoring operation.
• Ritchie SS-2000 4.5 Supersport compass.
• Raymarine e165 Hybrid Touch GPS plotter with WiFi for iPad control with radar overlay.
• Raymarine 4KW HD color radar w/dome
• Raymarine 218 VHF on overhead at helm with hinged whip antenna and RAM control.
• Raymarine E12200 Smart Pilot X-Can system.
• Navionics Platinum+ XL3 mapping software in region of choice is included in Commissioning Package.
Twin Volvo-Penta D6 435 HP diesel engines with IPS 600 joystick docking system.
• Volvo-Penta DPS (Dynamic Positioning System) that holds vessel in GPS location at current heading.
• Lectrotab Electric Trim Tabs
• Engine spares kit and service manual.
• UL approved fuel shutoff and fuel/air separators.
• Racor fuel/water separators with spare cartridges
• Two dedicated 175 gallon, bright-finished aluminum fuel tanks. WEMA SUF American standard fuel level sensors and interconnect line with shut-off valves.
• Parker 221FR fire resistant USCG Class 1 hightensile, steel-braid-reinforced, fuel hoses.
• SS engine air intakes (4)
• Dedicated sump below engine and transmission.
• Seafire automatic fire suppressant system in engine and generator compartment
• Custom Soundown insulated engine room.
• Custom backlit electrical panel with 25-12v DC breakers and 12-110V AC breakers, stainless breaker guards and digital DC and AC monitors
• 110V AC system w/Mastervolt inverter/charger. Shorepower system w/ 2-50' white 30-Amp Marinco cords Stainless GFCI duplex outlets (6)
• Volvo-Penta standard 125 amp alternators. • Blue Seas battery combiners • Galvanic isolator
• LED cabin-reading lights (4) Overhead in galley (4) head (2) shower (2) saloon (4) forepeak (4) piloting console (2) and pilothouse (4) on 4 dimmer switches.
• Courtesy lights (3) in cockpit and head.
• Engine compartment lights.
• 700-ampere hour absorbed glass-mat battery capacity with 2- Group 8D 245 AH house and 3-Group 31 105 AH engine and generator-start batteries.
• LED navigation and anchoring lights.
• Bonded electrical system and underwater fittings
• Field serviceable electrical system with bundled & numbered wires w/Deutsch O-ring waterproof connectors.
• Dirt Devil central vacuum system
Pressure hot/cold water with Johnson Aqua Jet Duo variable-speed water pressure pump • 13-gallon stainless steel hot water heater.
• 100-gallon polyethylene fresh water tank
• Dockside water inlet w/check-valve and pressure regulator.
• General Ecology Seagull IV purification system
• Scanvik hot/cold shower on swim platform
• High-pressure fresh water (washdown in port cockpit locker w/50 hose & nozzle.
• Jabsco Rule 1100 automatic bilge pumps (3)
• Vacuflush head system with 30 gallon holding tank w/ pump out and macerator discharge.
• Back-up Bosworth high-capacity cockpit-operated manual bilge pump.
• Centralized gray water discharge system through transom to minimize thru-hulls.
• Gray water sump w/inspection port for shower, head, icebox and AC condensate.
• Marelon non-corrosive thru-hulls/seacocks with strainers and double-clamped hose.
• Fusion MZ-AV700 stereo system with CD/DVD plus AM/FM/SIRIUS/VHF/WX/USB and iPod jack;
5 channel 1600 watt amplifier;
2-3” speakers and 8” subwoofer in saloon,
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.