The Balance 51 is a purpose built day charter catamaran for 75 to 90 passengers, depending on certification demands of country where she operates. She can be built in a tall rig version for high speed sailing and motoring ($799,000), or in a short rig version with big engines where sailing is less important than staying on a schedule ($749,000). She can also be built with longer sterns and larger engines for a power cat only day charter version (Price is based on size of engines chosen.)
All version of the yacht are built in epoxy, e-glass, and spray finished to customer color choice. She has two heads in each hull, a drop down trampoline ladder, and she's set up to operate reliably and easily in professional day charter operations the world over..
Note: As she is built in South Africa she will not be able to achieve USCG passenger certification due to the Jones Act.
Contact Phillip Berman for more information about this day charter catamaran.
Please contact Phillip Berman at 215-508-2704
Tilleggsinformasjon, tilbehør og utstyr:
Kjøl: twin kjøl
Total Power: 110 HP
Propeller: 3-blads propell
Engine Power: 55 HP
Propeller: 3-blads propell
Engine Power: 55 HP
DIMENSIONS AND DETAILS
- LOA: 15.62m
- LWL: 14.80m
- Beam: 7.92m
- Draft: 1.05m
- Displacement: 7520 kg
- Load Carrying Cap: 4500 kg
- Auxiliaries: 2x55 hp
- Mainsail: 95.40 sq m
- 100% Fore-Triangle: 55.20 sq m
- J = 6.02m
- I = 18.50m
- E= 7.72m
- P = 18.80m
- Height of DWL: 22.61m
- Storm jib: 7.80 square m
HULL, DECK AND BULKHEADS
Using only the highest grade Lloyds approved materials
- Polyester resin and multi-axial stitched E-glass fabrics
- Closed cell PVC core sandwich vacuum bonded construction
- Steering consol with instrument panel, engine controls, winch pads, steering pedestal and locker
- Reinforcing built-in for all deck fittings and high load areas
- Carbon fibre reinforcing on mast beam
- Builkheads are bonded in place
- Forward water-tight compartments
- GRP doors fitted x2
- Low aspect keels
- Rudders are fixed
- Mast beam and aft cross-beam with 8 lockers
- Anti-fouling over epoxy osmosis barrier
- GRP coachroof with 2 solid acrylic windows and roll-up awnings front and side
- Cockpit bench seats with cushions, extra cupboards and bar top serving facility with built-in cooler box, wash up basin
- Forward seating cockpit
- Bench seating
- Fixed dive platform
- Easy access transom step
- Four Queen-sized double bunks with mattesses
- Storage under bunks
- Storage cabinet and overhead lockers
- Large sink counter with storage lockers
- Overhead storage locker
- Basin with fold down tap
- Companionway stairs with grab-rails
- Chart table with drawer and storage
- Overhead locker with electric panel
- 2x stainless steel washbasins with locker and vanity cabinet
- 2x cold faucets
- 2x showers
Display and Storage Cabins
- Merchandise display and storage
- Passenger storage
- Lifejacket storage
Hatches & Portlights
- 2 x Size 54 medium profile hatches
- 2 x Custom companionway hatches
- 8x Size 30 Atlantic Lewmar Portlights outside
- 4 x Size 30 Atlantic Lewmar Portlights inside
- 2 x Escape hatches
- 1 x 60 Halyard winch
- 2 x 60 Sheet winches (Jib & Spinnaker)
- 1 x 60 Main Sheet electric winch
- 2 x 10” Lock in double-grip alum winch
- 2 x 10” Lock in alum winch
- 3 x Single XXO12 single rope clutch – Halyard
- 4 x Single XPS10 single rope clutch – Halyard
- 2 x Single XCS/1 single rope clutch – Genoa sheet
- 1 x Single XCS/1 single rope clutch – Furler
- 8 way jammer organizer
- 1 x Size 3 traveller track 3.2M
- 2 x Size 3 traveller car with shackle
- 2 x Size 3 adjustable stoppers
- 2 x Size 3 control line end stops
- 1 x Double 75mm Becket block on traveller car
- 1 x 75mm double block on boom aft end
- 1 x 75mm double block on traveller car
- 2 x Lead blocks
- 2 x Genoa 3000 pin-stop car
- 2 x Big boat low beam CB track with pin
- 4 x Big boat low beam end stops
- 2 x 200mm stand up blocks
- 2 x Thru deck blocks
- 2 x Custom lead blocks
General Blocks & Hardware
- 2 x Size 3 snatch blocks - reefing lines
- 8 x 250mm aluminium mooring cleats
- 6 x S/S stanchions with bases
- 1 x Stern light
- 1 x Port light
- 1 x Starboard light
- 8 x Canopy lights
- 14 x LED lights
- 1 x i70 Tridata system
- 1 x i70 wind system
- 1 x VHF with built in DSC
- 1 x Compass to suite zone
- 1 x Raymarine 9’’ Chartplotter
- 1 x Raymarine autohelm
- 2 x manual bilge pumps with thru deck kits
- 4 x remotely mounted bilge pumps
- 2 x Submersible bilge pumps for engine room
- 4 x Float switches with 2 high water alarms
- 4 x Strum box 19mm,2 x strum box 38mm
- 9 x Straight skin fitting w/hose-tail 19mm
- 2 x Straight skin fitting w/hose-tail 25mm
- 2 x Vented loops 19mm
- 2 x Vented loops 25mm
- 2 x Fore-spar valves 19mm
- 2 x Fore-spar valve 25mm
- 2 x Pressurised water pumps
- 2 x Cold faucets for the heads
- 1 x Fold down tap to suite SMEV sink for the galley
- 2 x 215L vetus water tank
- 2 x Electric standard size toilets
- Supply and installation of the following items (to suit 12V system) –
- Aquasignal deck flood light.
- Aquasignal 41 steaming light.
- Aquasignal 40 tri-colour / anchor light on masthead.
- Options of LED lights available on request.
- Installation of customer supplied items (to suit 12V or 24V system)
- Installation of items includes fixed, internal aluminium conduit to suit wiring requirements
ANCHORS AND RIGGING
- 1 x 45kg Bruce anchor
- 10m x 10mm Anchor chain
- 2 x 10mm Galv. D shackles
- 100m x 16mm Anchor warp
- 1 x 35lb Genuine CQR anchor (secondary)
- 10m x 10mm Anchor chain
- 80m x 16mm Moorings warps
- 5 x DH5 fenders 250 x 800mm
- 7.5 x Fender lanyards 1.5M x 5 x 10mm
- Masthead platform to accommodate instruments & electronics as listed below (see Electrics & Electronics).
- Masthead designed for one (1) 2:1 mainsail halyard, one (1) boom topping lift & one (1) spinnaker halyard.
- Swivel block to suit spinnaker halyard.
Hounds / Forestay Attachment
- Single sheavebox to suit screecher halyard.
- Facility to attach end of 2:1 screecher halyard.
- Standing rigging upper cap attachment to be an aluminium throughbar.
- Aluminium tang to suit forestay toggle.
- Single sheavebox below forestay attachment point to suit genoa halyard
- Allowance for six (6) halyard exit slots with stainless steel coverplates.
- Facility to fit a client supplied double jammer on each side of rig.
- Facility to fit a client supplied winch on each side of rig – type TBC by client.
- Halyard rack to suit genoa halyard.
- Bar cleat to tie boom topping lift off.
- Two (2) saddles to attach forward end of stackpack.
- Anodised alloy gooseneck fitting complete with stainless steel vertical pin, top hat bushing and shackle for mainsail tack attachment.
- Aluminium gooseneck block to suit boom attachment.
- Two (2) padeyes, luff strops & Gibb snap shackles to suit reefing of mainsail luff.
- One (1) electrical exit located above heel - final location TBC.
- Wiring tails exiting mast to be 3.5 metres long
- Shroud terminal backing plates to attach inner forestay & aft intermediates.
- Single sheavebox below inner forestay attachment position to suit staysail halyard.
Mast Base & Step Assembly
- Female type aluminium anodised mast heel.
- Anodised alloy male mast step.
- Mast step to be installed by boat yard
Lazy Jack System
- Facility to suit internally led lazy jack control lines.
- Bar cleats on mast to allow control lines to be adjustable.
- Upper control lines included
- One (1) set of tapered, aero-foil shaped, aluminium spreaders.
- Spreaders to be finished as per mast.
- Inboard ends to attach to mast via wrap-around bracket.
- Diamonds to terminate in shroud terminal backing plates.
- Spreaders to be aft raked.
- Spreader outboard ends to suit linked diamonds.
- All sheave assemblies to have mouse lines led for installing halyards.
- All sheaves to be sized in accordance with rope sizes.
- All sheaves to be removable for service.
- Sheave pins to be stainless steel.
- Provision for the following sheave assemblies:
- One (1) 2:1 main halyard.
- One (1) 1:1 boom topping lift halyard.
- One (1) 1:1 spinnaker halyard.
- One (1) 2:1 screecher halyard.
- One (1) 1:1 genoa halyard
- One (1) 1:1 staysail halyard.
- Integral track to suit 22mm mainsail slides
- Four (4) folding steps fitted to mast.
- Steps arranged to allow access to headboard when sail is stowed.
FORWARD CROSS BEAM
- Anodised natural (silver / grey).
- Integral slide track to suit 22mm slides for trampoline.
- Aerofoil, aluminium, a-frame seagull striker fitted.
- 12mm Compact Strand seagull striker wire fitted.
- One (1) anchor roller bracket fitted to beam to suit day anchor.
- Attachment facility to suit compression post.
- Attachment facility to suit bowprod.
- Attachment facility to suit forestay.
- Two (2) aluminium cleats on crossbeam (not recommended for mooring / anchoring purposes).
- Crossbeam to attach to hull via two (2) fabricated brackets.
- Hull brackets to suit attachment of anchor bridle.
- Facility to attach spinnaker tack lines.
- Facility to attach furler line aft control block on starboard
FURLER - GENOA
- Profurl C420 furling system.
- Control line to cockpit included
SCREECHER UPGRADE (OPTIONAL EXTRA)
- 12mm 2:1 spectra halyard c/w Sparcraft 2:1 block.
- Facnor FX4500 continuous line furling system c/w control line.
- Max recommended sail area: 140m2.
- Aluminium bowprod c/w 12mm 2:1 spectra tack line, Sparcraft 2:1 block & bar cleat.
- 8mm Compact Strand wire seastays.
- Prod topping lift strop
- One (1) whip type VHF antenna supplied & fitted to masthead.
- Cable included
- One (1) Windex supplied & fitted to masthead.
- One (1) down light fitted to each spreader.
- Additional conduit, dedicated to spreader light wiring included
MAINSAIL BATTCAR TRACK
- Harken System C mainsail track supplied & fitted to mast.
- All other sail attachments
- Deck flood light with protector in spreaders
- Steaming light with s / s protector
- Two conduits fitted and wiring to exit grommet at base of mast
- Aluminium section W30 (165 x 101)
- Anodized natural
- Fitting to suit mast gooseneck
- 2 x Mainsheet fairleads fitted
- Attachment points for main sheet
- Three sheave box fitted at aft end of boom to facilitate outhaul and two reefing lines
- Three sheave box forward for reeflines and outhaul complete with jammers
- Clew strop c/w shackle supplied
- Two colour coded 12mm Southern braid reeflines
- 12mm Southern braid outhaul
- 10mm spectra luff strops with snap shackles
- All wire to be Dyform unless otherwise stated
- Forestay 8mm
- Caps 10mm
- Outer diamond 7mm
- Aft intermediates 8mm
- Leather chafe protection where necessary
- UV resistant anti-chafe tunes over the cap shrouds
- Terminals hydraulically swaged
- Rigging screws inclusive
- 1 x main 2:1, 10mm braid with custom 2:1 Sparcraft headboard block
- 1 x Genoa 12mm braid complete with captive ‘D’ shackle
- 1 x spinnaker 10mm braid line complete with Gibb snap shackle
- MBTL 10mm braid complete with captive ‘D’ shackle
- Complete with necessary cordage, cleats and attachments
- Cordage led internally then via fairleads in spreaders to stackpack
- Stackpack saddles on mast
- Harken Furler Mark 4 Unit 3
- Complete with control line
Full Batten Main
- Area 95, 4 msq. Crosscut Dacron cloth 10.3oz complete with stack pack
100% Furling Genoa
- Area 55,2msq. Crosscut Dacron cloth 8,3oz
- Area 7.8msq. Radial Dacron cloth 10,18oz Complete with hanks
- 1 x hydraulic steerer
- 2 x hydraulic rams
- 1 x Commodore 36” S/S wheel
- Canopy supports
- Transom Grab rails
- Stern anchor roller
- Solid side rails with gates
- Steering assembly (Hydraulic)
- Stainless steel steering
- 1 x Marine CD/radio player
- 6x Waterproof speakers
- Switch panel with circuit breakers and switches
- 2 x Engine start batteries
- 4 x House bank batteries
- 2 x 180 Watt solar panels
- Cabling and conduit
- Battery switches
- Battery monitor
- 2kw invertor charger
- Owner to supply (SAMSA, USCG or CE approved)
- 2 x55Hp YANMAR Inboards shaft drive
- Standard engine instrument panels
- Exhaust water traps, goose necks & outlets
- Sea cock, plastic water strainer
- Mechanical shaft seal (drip less)
- Stainless steel propeller shaft
- Three bladed fixed pitch propeller
- Stainless steel P bracket
- Phenolic cutlass bearing
- Engine cooling water system: Bronze skin fitting &
- Sea cock, plastic water strainer
- Diesel fuel filter and water separator
- Manual engine controls - Morse cables, on 1 side
- Diesel tanks (400 liters)
- 2 x Engine compartment ventilation fans
ABOUT BALANCE CATAMARANS
Founded by World Champion catamaran racer and author Phillip Berman, Balance Day Charter Catamarans are crafted from the years we have spent working with a range of our day charter customers in Hawaii, Barbados, St. Lucia and the Virgin Islands.
After managing the sale of hundreds of catamarans over the past decade – new and used – we’ve learned how day catamarans are built properly, how they break and fall apart, how they sail and power in the most challenging conditions, which systems tend to work and fail, and how they are “really” used by charter operators and their customers.
We’ve concluded that the day catamarans currently offered by our primary competitors are overpriced and not robustly enough constructed for the daily abuse a true day charter catamaran experiences.
Balance day charter catamarans result directly from the enormous fund of experience we have gained through working with charter operators for over two decades. There really is no substitute for experience and the direct relationships we have had with charter operators has given us the invaluable feedback we’ve relied upon in the design of each Balance day charter catamaran that we build. We build day charter cats in a range of sizes and prices to serve the needs of a wide variety of charter operators. We also build custom day charter catamarans of any size, up to 120 feet.
Balance Catamarans was founded in 2012 and has launched four 60 footers, nine 45 footers, six 52 footers, and one 76 footer. Our catamarans are sailing on every major ocean in the world and have met with critical praise by every major yachting publication. The Balance 526 was the winner of Cruising World Magazines 2017 Import Yacht of the Year (the grand prize) as well Best Multihull Over 50 feet. To learn all about these truly exceptional yachts, to request our pricing, we encourage you to visit our website: balancecatamarans.com
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
*This price is based on today's currency conversion rate.