1 of 8
Built in 1949 by the Old Town Canoe Company, this 16' square stern canoe has been well maintained and upgraded as needed by her current (third) owner of 40+ years. Her transom supports a small outboard motor, and a rowing station with a set of oars also can propel the boat through the water. Included with the canoe are two running outboard motors (1954 and 1962) and a vintage trailer. She is stored inside and is in excellent condition to enjoy the lakes and fish!
This canoe was built by the Old Town Canoe Company and is primarily made of cedar. The planks and ribs are white cedar, the transom is oak, and trim is oak and pine--all varnished. The bow deck with original high crown is varnished cedar with a bronze stem band and eye strap. Recently surveyed, the boat is mostly all original as built with the exception of replaced garboards, the starboard forward seat knee, and the bottom covering, which is now painted Dynel and epoxy, as opposed to original canvas.
This 16' canoe has four seats, with an original drawer under the bow seat and storage space under the bow deck. There is one rowing station with oarlocks and oar holders.
Included with the canoe are two motors:
1954 5HP Johnson and 1962 5.5HP Johnson--both run and each has its own gas tank.
Also included are a set of oars, oarlocks, and a paddle.