Traditional but modern George Sutton-designed steel schooner built by Mark Treworgy, refitted by Howdy Bailey--all renowned figures in shipbuilding and design!
She currently is cruising the Caribbean and is southbound for Hurricane Season. Buy her today and head south...you're already halfway there!
She's loaded with good provisions and lots of spare parts. See bottom of list for 2022 updates.
ALL the modern luxuries...completely self-sufficient. Live in comfort off the grid.
This one-of-a-kind schooner was recently fully refitted by Howdy Bailey Shipyard in Norfolk, VA, and boasts upgraded electronics, appliances, sails, and more! She is a custom 65' steel George Sutton-designed pilothouse schooner. Originally built in 1988 by Mark Treworgy, she was recently completely rebuilt by the well-known and highly respected Howdy Bailey Shipyard in Norfolk, VA. Her prior owners spared no expense on the refit, spending over $900,000. Nearly every system was replaced, the hull sounded and reinforced and painted, and the interior was refinished with the utmost attention to luxurious detail. With a 6.5' draft and 61' mast height, she can cruise the IWC and Bahamas easily, but she's built to take you around the world. Her traditional rig is complemented by all new sails, and she has every modern convenience one could want. You can own her for a fraction of the cost of her refit! 2017 survey available upon request.
She's been loved and doted upon.
Recent upgrades include:
- Two American Diesel 6n140 Engines installed 2015 UNDER 400 HOURS ON EACH
- 12.5kw Perkins/Stamford Generator installed 2015
- Two Eclectic Energy Wd Generators D400 installed in 2015
- Running Rigging replaced and standing rigging inspected 2022
- New tracks for main sail 2022
- Pryde Sails: main, foremast, staysail, and headsail for a total sail area of 1,880 square feet, new in 2015
- Cherry interior Imperial walnut cabin sole
- Granite galley counters
- Stainless steel appliances & fixtures
- LED lighting throughout
- Samsung 42" TV
- Bose sound system in salon, cabins, pilothouse and on deck
- Sea Glaze Offshore pilothouse windows installed 2009
- Newfound Metals portlights installed 2009
- High Grade 2 part epoxy paint undercoatings w/ Awlgrip top-coat added in 2009
- Headhunter Water system with 2 heads, holding tank, & pressure pump installed in 2010
- Two Cruise Air 16,000 BTU Heat pumps w/ Force Ten Water Heater
- Prosine 300w Inverter/Charger
- Bass Electrical Panel & Heart Link 2000 monitor installed 2011
- Entire exterior top coat was sanded and more undercoatings w/new Awlgrip top coat were added in 2014
- Masts, Booms and Spreaders were fabricated, painted and rigged in 2015
- Mack sail covers and lazy jack system new in 2015
- 3 Simrad electronics: 4G broadband radar, NSE-12 chart Plotter Depth, VHF, Compass, hydraulic autopilot WM-3 Sirius Satellite Weather radio, NAIS-400 Class B, AIS Icom M802 SSB Radio, ALL NEW IN 2015
- Kahlenberg DOA air horn/compressor, new in 2015
- Two 3-bladed bronze propellers, new in 2015
- Sea Post captain's chair, new in 2014
- Vetus hydraulic system w/ 12" bow thruster, new in 2015
- Maxwell 4000 hydraulic windlass, new in 2015
- Rocna 70kg/154lb anchor, new in 2015
- Ech2o Tech 32 GPH Watermaker 2016
- New Lifeline Batteries 2022
- New storage chest 2022
- Fishing gear 2022
- New TV 2022
- New watermaker hookup 2022
- Various new running rigging and hardware 2022
- New anchor chain 2022
- On-deck storage locker 2022
- Deck chairs, beanbag chairs, beach chairs 2022
- SUP 2022
- Inflatable kayak 2022
- New spare filters and new spare generator water pump in addition to existing spare part collection 2022
- Heavy duty drill for all winches 2022 as well as two new cordless drills
- New lines and boat hooks 2022
- $2,000 of scuba equipment 2022
- 60' scuba hose for boat bottom cleaning 2022
- Fully provisioned with food and beverage
- New additional freezer, solar oven and toaster oven 2022
- Wifi extender 2022
THIS IS YOUR FOREVER BOAT! Currently cruising so check for location.
Melanie Sunshine Neale
Sunshine Cruising Yachts strives to educate and empower both buyers and sellers of fine seagoing sailing and power yachts, combining integrity and passion in order to give our clients a memorable and positive experience.